Searching for a holiday cottage to rent in Thetford in Norfolk? Find cottages and all types of self-catering holiday accommodation close to Thetford and Thetford Forest Park on Country Cottages Online.
Why Book a Cottage Break in Thetford?
The town of Thetford is undoubtedly best known for its close proximity to the large forest park nearby. This market town also boasts a fascinating and rich history and with a location by the River Ouse is a scenic place to stay.
What Thetford offers for Self-Catering Breaks
There are plenty of shops to be found in Thetford, along with country inns and cafes. The BBC TV series Dad's Army was filmed in Thetford and there is a Dad's Army Museum close to the heart of town. There is also an Ancient House Museum in the town which houses some fascinating finds that were excavated from Gallows Hill and date back to the iron age. Thetford offers enough to keep visitors entertained for days but is also well placed for discovering some of the best of Norfolk such as the wonderful city of Norwich and the Norfolk Broads on days out.
Best Things to See and Do on a Cottage Holiday in Thetford
• When holidaying in Thetford one of the best things to do is to enjoy tranquil riverside walks where you can go and feed the ducks or just watch the world go by.
• Thetford's historical sites also are well worth a visit. Visit Castle Hill, an iron-age hill fort which is linked to the warrior queen Boudica and learn about this fascinating period of the town's history.
• For time out in the countryside, under the canopy of trees and leaves head for Thetford Forest Park. Here you can enjoy walking, cycling and wildlife watching and for the more adventurous Go Ape can be found within the forest.
• The fascinating historical city of Norwich is only around half an hour's drive from Thetford and with its castle, cathedral and splendid historical buildings, shops and cafe culture is well worth a visit.
• The Norfolk Broads, one of Norfolk's best loved areas, are only around an hour's drive from Thetford. Discover tranquil waterways, look out for local birdlife and marvel at the beautiful windmills founds in this part of Norfolk. The Broads are widely reputed to be best seen from the water so book a boat trip and enjoy a truly relaxing day out at the Norfolk Broads.
In terms of self-catering holiday accommodation, options include budget apartments within Thetford, as well as town-houses. Stay in the nearby countryside and options include rural retreats, barn conversions and farm-stays where you can really relax and get away from it all. Wherever you choose to stay, we hope you find the best home to rent for you on Country Cottages Online in or near Thetford.
Whether you choose to book a holiday cottage in Thetford, an apartment, a lodge or another type of self-catering holiday accommodation, we hope you have your best holiday yet in Norfolk.