High Quality 2 Bedroom Lakeside Lodge on the Wrackleford Country Estate
The Fishing Lodge at the Wrackleford Estate with its setting astride the Sydling Brook and the private Langford fishing lake could be the perfect place for a relaxing break in a tranquil serene location or a fishing holiday with opportunities to fish just a short stroll from the property.
The views from the patio at this lakeside holiday home are fabulous too.
Just take a look at the photos to get a feel for the quality of the accommodation as well as the impressive lakeside location.
Approached via a private drive, the Fishing Lodge is set on the banks of the private Langford fishing lake in a lovely unspoilt part of Dorset. Inside this Dorset Lakeside Lodge
• Enter through the double French doors and into the bright and airy open-plan lounge/kitchen/diner. Here, you can relax on the comfy sofas and enjoy looking out to the Sydling Brook and beyond. Or, for those cooler evenings curl up in front of the open fire and enjoy watching TV.
• The kitchen/diner has an electric Range master oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and washing machine, and is well-equipped for easy self-catering.
• The lodge’s two bedrooms are located off the lounge area and both have a light filled and spacious feel. Both bedrooms have a super-king-size zip-and-link bed (which can be arranged as twin beds on request).
• The contemporary shower room with shower and WC completes the accommodation.
Outside is a lovely area where you can sit out and dine alfresco in summer time whilst enjoying the waterside setting.
Bed linen and hand towels are provided but please bring your own beach towels, tea towels and essential cleaning materials. A starter pack of logs are provided, and additional logs can be purchased on request.
Available for weekly bookings (Friday changeover day) and at certain times of the year for short breaks (either Friday to Monday or Monday to Friday) and includes fishing with every booking.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2016
Entertainment Facilities:Kitchen & Dining:
- Washing Machine
- Type of Cooker: Rangemaster ceramic electric range
- Dining Table Seats: 6
- 1 Superking Bed(s)
- 2 Single Bed(s)
- Bed Linen Provided
Heating:Garden and Outdoors:
- Power Shower
- Towels Provided
- Hairdryers (2)
- Garden: Grass with river running by, with BBQ area.
- The property sits on the banks of the pretty Sydling Brook and beyond (20 meters only !) is the Langford Lake. Enjoy lakeside and countryside views over the surrounding woodlands staying here.
Owner's Website / Book Online
Book this cottage in Dorset direct with the owner or agency. For help with any questions or queries prior to booking we recommend you call the owner or email them.
Discover some of the best of Dorset on holiday
This is a lovely secluded location, ideal for getting away from it all and relaxing and unwinding on holiday within the Dorset Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Walking, cycling and fishing can all be enjoyed locally. For days out, the historical market town of Dorchester is just 5.5 miles away and the stunning Jurassic coast is within reach for day trips too and Weymouth with its long sandy beach is just 14 miles away.
The Lodge is available to rent for 3/4/7 days depending on the Season. 50% of the total amount due is taken to confirm your booking with the remainder paid 1 month prior to your stay.
In addition we hold a £200 deposit which is returned within 14 days of your stay.
The area offers a wealth of pretty villages, sandy beaches and a coastline which has World Heritage status. The towns of Dorchester, Sherborne and Yeovil are easily accessible and there are many National Trust properties to visit. The popular seaside town of Weymouth with its sandy beach is nearby and the harbour town of West Bay is a short drive away. In addition to this there are many attractions including Yeovilton Fleet Air Arm Museum, Monkey World, Hardy’s Cottage and Abbotsbury Swannery.
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Dorchester South, Yeovil Junction and Bournmouth International Airport.
Recommended Places to Visit: Bovington Tank Museum
The Jurassic Coast
Sea Life Centre, Weymouth
Monkey World, Wareham
Warmwell Leisure Park, Warmwell
Cerne Abbas Giant
Yeovilton Fleet Air Arm Museum
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Locally there are good pubs in both the neighboring villages of Sydling St Nicholas and Stratton - Dorchester is about 4 miles away and has plenty of pubs and restaurants.
Local Sports: Fishing is immediately available (additional charges apply) on the lake next to the lodge at either an exclusive or day rate. The lake offers rainbow trout.