Description: About Stable cottage
Escape for a rural retreat break to this lovely working farm in the Dorset countryside, just a short distance from the coast. With sea views from the farm, this is a great place to relax and enjoy a taste of country living. Sleeping two, Stable Cottage is ideal for a couple and is very pet-friendly.
The cottage consists of:
- Entrance Hall.
- Spacious living room/kitchen with south facing french windows onto small private garden with table and chairs.
- Wooden beams, sofa bed,TV,dvd, cooker, fridge,dishwasher, washing machine.
- Bedroom with super king size bed.
- Bathroom, WC, basin, bath with shower.
- Central heating throughout.
Wth 250 acres of grassland Portesham Farm is situated up a private track well off the road about 2/3rds of a mile from the village of Portesham which has a pub. The owners live in the farmhouse and there is a neighbouring cottage to Stable Cottage where the people have well behaved dogs.
The track is a bridleway and continues for one mile to Hardy's Monument at 750ft where it joins the South Coast Path. From here there are footpaths and bridleways in all directons. For days out, the Jurassic Coast is within easy reach, as are many lovely villages and coastal towns including Portland and Abbotsbury. Weymouth with its golden sandy beach is just 7 miles away. Lyme Regis with its pretty harbour, sandy beach, aquarium and museum is around 20 miles away.
One or two dogs are welcome (a charge of £20 per dog per week applies).
Weekly bookings run Friday to Friday.
There is stabling and grazing for horses which are also welcome.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2015
Guest Reviews and Holiday Feedback
More About this Property and Booking Information
If you are interested in booking, please call the owner, and discuss their booking process. They may ask that you book via a booking form and that you pay by bank transfer.
For safety and security if you need to make a bank transfer to book it is essential you:
- Call the owner or agency on the phone number given on the ad to check that the bank details are correct before making payment.
- Ensure that the name details on the account match with the name details for the company you are booking with (i.e. that you have confirmation of payee before proceeding).
- Never make a payment to a foreign bank account.
Setting and Local Information
Local Attractions near Portesham
Top Attractions: Abbotsbury Swannery and Gardens. Tank Museum Monkey world
Recommended Places to Visit: Portland,Weymouth, Bridport
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Local pubs and restaurants in town.
Local Sports: , walking
Nearest Train Station: Dorchester South