Cottage rentals in Ballyferriter, Kerry, Ireland
Get away for a holiday in coastal County Kerry with a stay in the quaint village of Ballyferriter on the Corca Dhuibhne peninsula.
Facts about what Ballyferriter offers for Self-Catering Breaks
Just 5 minutes drive from the seaside, Ballyferriter could be a great base for discovering some of the best of the County Kerry coast and Dingle Peninsula on a self-catering break.
Top Things to See and Do on a Self-Catering Break in Ballyferriter
• Discover sandy beaches such as Beal Ban nearby and tranquil coves, along with impressive rocky cliffs along the coastline. Walk, cycle or drive along the Dingle Way for some of the best of the coastal scenery.
• Also worth a visit are some of the heritage sites in the area including the remains of Ferriter’s Castle close to Ballyferriter, as well as Ceann Sibeal Sybil Head Tower which dates back to 1880 and the Riasc Monastic Settlement which dates back to the 6th century.
• For those who enjoy drinking or learning about whisky, you’ll want to visit the Dingle Whiskey Distillery or the Dingle Brewery Company whilst those interested in learning about the history of the local area will want to visit to the Irish Famine Cottages.
• Also possible to visit not too far away are the Blasket Islands where you can discover unspoilt island scenery and take an eco-tour where you may be lucky enough to see local wildlife such as dolphins, seals, basking sharks and various sea-birds such as puffins and gulls.
• Another popular place to visit for keen hikers is Mount Brandon.
Whether you’re planning in renting a holiday lodge, a rural retreat or even a large country house, we hope you find the perfect place to stay for you in or close to Ballyferriter and have a wonderful time discovering this tranquil and scenic part of County Kerry.