Shropshire Holiday Cottages
Hide away in the Shropshire countryside and stay in a charming olde world country cottage or rural retreat.
Shropshire is a good choice for traditional English country cottage breaks. Situated on the English Welsh border and sharing a border with Powys in Wales, as well as with Cheshire, Staffordshire, Worcestershire and Herefordshire in England, Shropshire is in a good location if you are looking to explore a piece of picturesque England but also like the idea of being able to pop in to explore part of Wales. A holiday in Shropshire leaves one with unique memories, of lush rural areas and lonely lanes where cottages stand in seclusion down long driveways, of farmhouses watching over the fields and of impressive black and white period houses.
Shropshire is considered by many to offer a taste of traditional England. History lovers should enjoy visiting the numerous castles and country houses and being a peaceful area, you may like to visit one of the beautiful gardens in this area of England for real relaxation.
Top Things to Do in Shropshire on a Cottage Break
- Go walking in the Shropshire Hills AONB.
- Spend relaxing quality time in one of Shropshire’s Country Parks
- Enjoy Cycling or Horse-Riding in the countryside
- Visit one of Shropshire’s National Trust Properties options include Attingham Park, Benthall Hall and Carding Mill Valley.
If you have experience of Shropshire and want to recommend your top tips on things to do in this area, do get in touch.
Discover some of the Best Tourist Attractions in Shropshire on a Self-Catering Break
- Ironbridge UNESCO World Heritage Site - visit to see the award winning museums and to find out more about the industrial revolution.
- Severn Valley Railway – guiding you on a steam train tour of some of Shropshire’s best sights.
- Wroxeter Roman City – for those with an interest in history why not visit Wroxeter with its impressive Roman remains?
Find the Best Holiday Accommodation in Shropshire for You
Shropshire is best known for country retreats and cottage breaks. There are lots of different types of self catering options to choose from including English country cottages, Shropshire cottages with hot tubs and rural retreats. Wherever you choose to stay, Shropshire is definately a good choice if you enjoy country pursuits such as cycling, walking, horse riding or fishing. We hope you find the perfect Shropshire holiday house for you to rent on Country Cottages Online.