Cottages to rent for self-catering breaks in Much Wenlock, Shropshire, England
Choose Much Wenlock for your cottage holiday for its historical charm and its excellent location by the Shropshire Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB), just 5 miles from the World Heritage Site of Ironbridge.
Information on Cottage Holidays in Much Wenlock
With its charming historical cottages and black and white coloured buildings (some of which date back to medieval times), shops, cafes and country inns, quintessentially English Much Wenlock offers plenty of Shropshire charm along with ample facilities. Situated close to the town centre are the ruins of Wenlock Priory. These magnificent atmospheric ruins are well worth a visit.
Best Things to See and Do on a Cottage Holiday in Much Wenlock
- Much Wenlock is a great place to just while away the time, soak up the history and enjoy a bit of shopping or eating out. For more time in town, why not visit the beautiful nearby historical town of Shrewsbury just half an hour’s drive away?
- For wonderful walks, horse riding and cycling, head to the Shropshire Hills AONB which are nearby. Closer to town there are fantastic walks around Wenlock Edge, as well as superb views.
- There are numerous fascinating historical houses to visit not too far from Much Wenlock including Shipton Hall, the National Trust’s Dudmaston Hall, Benthall Hall and Attingham Park.
- Not to be missed, and only around 5 miles away is the world renowned Ironbridge, learn about the industrial revolution and be fascinated and inspired at the Ironbridge Gorge Museums.
- Those who love a steam train ride will want to head to the Severn Valley Railway where you can enjoy a 70 minute journey through stunning Shropshire countryside. This railway runs from Kidderminster up to Bridgnorth.
Whether you want to rent a self-catering townhouse, a cottage in the Shropshire hills or a wooden holiday lodge, we hope you find your dream holiday cottage in or close to Much Wenlock on Country Cottages Online.
Featured Self catering country cottages near Much Wenlock, Shropshire, England:
6 bedroom Large Country House, Heart of England.
6 - 13
Spacious high quality 6 bedroom holiday house near Ludlow with games room with pool table and air hockey plus grass tennis court, private 6-hole golf course, children's play area with swings, slide, a trampoline, rope swing and zip wire, tree house, Wendy House and extensive gardens.
Special features: free internet access, tennis court, games room.
Late availability: from 04 April to 01 May 20
4 bedroom Cottage, Heart of England.
1 - 8
4 bedroom pet-friendly character cottage near the Clun Valley and Shropshire Hills AONB.
Special features: free internet access.
|from 05 April to 10 April 20 from 17 April to 22 April 20|
3 bedroom Stone-Built Barn Conversion, Heart of England.
3 - 6
Part of a collection of 5 holiday barns on an arable farm close to Shrewsbury, this 3 bedroom family-size cottage offers plenty of country charm and comes complete with its own private hot tub and also benefits from shared access to a games barn with pool table and outdoor play area for younger children with a seesaw and climbing frame.
Special features: free internet access, games room, outdoor hot tub.
|from 11 July to 08 August 20 from 29 August to 02 October 20|
1 bedroom Shepherd's Hut, Shropshire Hills.
1 - 2
This Shepherd's Hut is a fantastic rural retreat for 2 and is located close to Ironbridge and some of the best of Shropshire, go on, do something different this year .
Special features: free internet access.
|from 05 April to 02 May 20 from 03 May to 12 June 20|
3 bedroom Barn Conversion, Heart of England.
3 - 7
Spacious and roomy 3 bedroom barn conversion sleeping up to 7 in Caynham close to Ludlow, with warmth, character and original features this is a great place to stay close to the Long Mynd Hills, Iron Bridge and Church Stretton.
|from 05 June to 26 June 20 from 03 July to 31 July 20|