Cottages to rent for self-catering breaks in Much Wenlock, Shropshire, England
Choose Much Wenlock for your cottage holiday for its historical charm and its excellent location by the Shropshire Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB), just 5 miles from the World Heritage Site of Ironbridge.
Information on Cottage Holidays in Much Wenlock
With its charming historical cottages and black and white coloured buildings (some of which date back to medieval times), shops, cafes and country inns, quintessentially English Much Wenlock offers plenty of Shropshire charm along with ample facilities. Situated close to the town centre are the ruins of Wenlock Priory. These magnificent atmospheric ruins are well worth a visit.
Best Things to See and Do on a Cottage Holiday in Much Wenlock
- Much Wenlock is a great place to just while away the time, soak up the history and enjoy a bit of shopping or eating out. For more time in town, why not visit the beautiful nearby historical town of Shrewsbury just half an hour’s drive away?
- For wonderful walks, horse riding and cycling, head to the Shropshire Hills AONB which are nearby. Closer to town there are fantastic walks around Wenlock Edge, as well as superb views.
- There are numerous fascinating historical houses to visit not too far from Much Wenlock including Shipton Hall, the National Trust’s Dudmaston Hall, Benthall Hall and Attingham Park.
- Not to be missed, and only around 5 miles away is the world renowned Ironbridge, learn about the industrial revolution and be fascinated and inspired at the Ironbridge Gorge Museums.
- Those who love a steam train ride will want to head to the Severn Valley Railway where you can enjoy a 70 minute journey through stunning Shropshire countryside. This railway runs from Kidderminster up to Bridgnorth.
Whether you want to rent a self-catering townhouse, a cottage in the Shropshire hills or a wooden holiday lodge, we hope you find your dream holiday cottage in or close to Much Wenlock on Country Cottages Online.
Featured Self catering country cottages near Much Wenlock, Shropshire, England:
6 bedroom Large Country House, Heart of England.
6 - 13
Spacious high quality 6 bedroom holiday house near Ludlow with games room with pool table and air hockey plus grass tennis court, private 6-hole golf course, children's play area with swings, slide, a trampoline, rope swing and zip wire, tree house, Wendy House and extensive gardens.
Special features: free internet access, tennis court, games room.
2 bedroom Wooden Holiday Chalet, Heart of England.
1 - 3
This superb high quality adults-only lodge with its very comfortable luxurious interior and private hot tub is a great place to relax and enjoy a break in Shropshire, situated on a holiday park close to Shrewsbury the excellent shared facilities on site include an indoor swimming pool and steam room.
Special features: free internet access, pool (), outdoor hot tub, sauna.
1 bedroom Unique Self-Catering, Heart of England.
1 - 2
Unique sleeps 2 romantic retreat set in the Shropshire countryside complete with a warm bubbly outdoor cedar hot tub.
Special features: outdoor hot tub.
4 bedroom Character Holiday Home, Heart of England.
5 - 10
Characterful high quality 4 bedroom holiday cottage sleeping up to 10 friends or family close to the heart of Ludlow, with a romantic four poster bedroom and a Grade II listing, this property offers warmth, charm and character.
Special features: free internet access.
4 bedroom Holiday Bungalow, Heart of England.
4 - 8
Fantastic 4 bedroom holiday house with spacious accommodation for up to 8 and excellent facilities for a relaxing and enjoyable holiday with friends or family, relax in the outdoor hot tub, sit back and sip a cocktail in the beautiful garden or enjoy a game of pool or table tennis in the games room at this impressive Alberbury cottage close to Offa's Dyke and Shrewsbury.
Special features: free internet access, games room, outdoor hot tub, sauna.