Self catering holiday cottages to rent in Much Wenlock, Shropshire, England
Choose Much Wenlock for your cottage holiday for its historical charm and its excellent location by the Shropshire Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB), just 5 miles from the World Heritage Site of Ironbridge.
Information on Cottage Holidays in Much Wenlock
With its charming historical cottages and black and white coloured buildings (some of which date back to medieval times), shops, cafes and country inns, quintessentially English Much Wenlock offers plenty of Shropshire charm along with ample facilities. Situated close to the town centre are the ruins of Wenlock Priory. These magnificent atmospheric ruins are well worth a visit.
Best Things to See and Do on a Cottage Holiday in Much Wenlock
- Much Wenlock is a great place to just while away the time, soak up the history and enjoy a bit of shopping or eating out. For more time in town, why not visit the beautiful nearby historical town of Shrewsbury just half an hour’s drive away?
- For wonderful walks, horse riding and cycling, head to the Shropshire Hills AONB which are nearby. Closer to town there are fantastic walks around Wenlock Edge, as well as superb views.
- There are numerous fascinating historical houses to visit not too far from Much Wenlock including Shipton Hall, the National Trust’s Dudmaston Hall, Benthall Hall and Attingham Park.
- Not to be missed, and only around 5 miles away is the world renowned Ironbridge, learn about the industrial revolution and be fascinated and inspired at the Ironbridge Gorge Museums.
- Those who love a steam train ride will want to head to the Severn Valley Railway where you can enjoy a 70 minute journey through stunning Shropshire countryside. This railway runs from Kidderminster up to Bridgnorth.
Whether you want to rent a self-catering townhouse, a cottage in the Shropshire hills or a wooden holiday lodge, we hope you find your dream holiday cottage in or close to Much Wenlock on Country Cottages Online.
Book a Much Wenlock cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Shropshire on holiday.