For a cottage break in a charming historical town in Nottinghamshire, a stay in a self-catering apartment or townhouse in Newark could be a great choice.
Information on Cottage Holidays in Newark
Newark in Nottinghamshire with its riverside castle by the River Trent, market square, historical buildings, shops, restaurants and bars, is a truly appealing riverside town with plenty to offer visitors.
Some of the Best Things to See and Do on a Cottage Holiday in Newark
• There is plenty to see and do within Newark itself. Visit the historical castle, enjoy a touch of café-society with visits to the local tea shops and cafes or for those with an interest in aviation, visit the Newark Air Museum with its selection of over 70 aircraft.
• For more history or just the chance to shop and eat out, why not visit the nearby city of Lincoln? Newark is located just half an hour’s drive from the historical city of Lincoln which with its cobbled streets, cathedral, shops and restaurants has plenty to recommend it.
• Also worth a visit and situated just half an hour’s drive from Newark is the attractive market town of Grantham.
• For days out enjoying the countryside, the Lincolnshire Wolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is within an hour’s drive and even closer by is Sherwood Forest, only around 40 minute’s car ride from Newark. Home to beautiful forest trails and steeped in the legend of Robin Hood, Sherwood Forest is a real treat for visitors of all ages.
• Those holidaying with children may want to enjoy a day out at Wheelgate Theme Park, close to Newark. With a great selection of rides plus a water park, a day out here is practically guaranteed to keep your kids happy.
All in all, Newark is a great place to enjoy a self-catering holiday. Options when it comes to accommodation include good value apartments, holiday houses and even unique converted Chapels. Wherever you choose to stay, we hope you find the perfect place to stay in or close to Newark in Nottinghamshire.
Book a Newark cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Nottinghamshire on holiday.