Description: About Shires
Stylish 6 Bedroom Barn Conversion with Views over the Yarty Valley and Excellent Leisure Facilities
With views over the Yarty Valley, a luxurious spa hall with an indoor swimming pool, a sauna and a hot tub, as well as a games room and a cinema room, the Shires is a fabulous 6 bedroom pet-friendly holiday house sleeping up to 14 people in style near Honiton in Devon.
What makes the Shires Special:
• Stunning country views.
• Luxurious Spa Hall with indoor swimming pool, hot tub with country views, sauna and changing rooms, plus shower and WC.
• Cinema room with 512 surround sound, a 65" Smart TV, a games console and DVD player.
• Games room with pool table and table football.
• Snug where you can relax and unwind.
• South facing large first floor sun terrace with sun beds where you can lie out and soak up the sun.
The Shires also features:
• Spacious open plan kitchen/diner, complete with dining area with country views and huge sliding doors that open out to the patio.
• A stylish luxurious kitchen ideal for large group self-catering with 2 large ovens, 2 combination ovens, a large induction hob, a freezer, 2 fridges and 2 dishwashers.
The Layout of the Bedrooms at the Shires is as follows:
There are 6 bedrooms (each of which features zip and link beds, so can be made up either as a twin or as a super king-sized double). Smart TVs and Amazon Dot in each of the bedrooms.
• Bedroom 1 with en-suite shower room and French doors for accessing the balcony.
• Bedroom 2 with French doors to the balcony. Bedroom 2 shares a bathroom with Bedroom 3.
• Bedroom 3 with French doors to the balcony. Bedroom 3 shares a bathroom with Bedroom 2.
• Bedroom 4 is a ground floor bedroom with a large fully accessible wet room.
• Bedroom 5 is a ground floor bedroom with an en-suite shower room.
• Bedroom 6 is reached by its own staircase and has an en-suite shower room (plus can have an extra 2 beds by arrangement if requested at the time of booking).
Accessible features at the Shires include:
• a lift.
• a removable hoist
• level flooring throughout the ground floor.
Outside the property is a patio area and a Scandinavian style BBQ lodge. There is also plenty of lawned garden where children can play and have fun. There is a children's play area with swings and slide, as well as football goal posts. There is ample parking space for several vehicles.
This is a fabulous large holiday house with lots to recommend it. On days out enjoy exploring the Blackdown Hills AONB, visit Chard or head to the coast (Sidmouth is just 20 miles away).
Bookings from family groups for holidays and celebrations welcome. Well behaved hen parties and stag parties welcome by arrangement only.
The Shires benefits from underfloor heating throughout, as well as Sky TV in the Movie Room and the Games Room.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2007
Guest Reviews and Holiday Feedback
More About this Property and Booking Information
See the Book Online button to book and for further information.
Setting and Local Information
Local Attractions near Honiton
Top Attractions: Jurassic Coast
Recommended Places to Visit: Crealy Adventure Park, Jurassic Coast
Recommended Places to Eat Out: The Flintlock Inn, The Cotley Inn and The Candlelight Inn
Local Sports: golfing, horse riding, walking
Nearest Train Station: Honiton, 9 miles away
Honiton is a super market town! Situated on the Eastern side of Devon, Honiton is renowned for its huge number of antique shops. On Tuesday and Saturdays there is a street market up and down the main high street. At the eastern end of the town, you can find the Honiton Lace shop and museum. Queen Victoria's Christening gown was made of lace made in Honiton. Also, Honiton Pottery has its own shop in the town where visitors can purchase original pieces.
For dining out, The Holt is a fantastic pub and the western end of the town. This 'gastro-pub' offers a great selection of real ales (produced by the Ottery Brewery who are based on the Blackdown Hills) and a great menu for either lunch or an evening meal. Also, the Boston Tea Party is a characterful coffee house which serves freshly prepared sandwiches, great coffee and a delious selection of cakes!!. Honiton is well worth a visit for a short cottage break or longer stay at any time of year!
The beaches of south and east Devon are within easy distance, there are National Trust houses with magnificent gardens to visit, a donkey sanctuary and much more..