About Cider House at Nutcombe Cottages
Charming 2 Bedroom Pet-Friendly Barn Conversion in Combe Martin, less than 2 miles from local beach
The Cider House in Combe Martin could be the ideal choice for a relaxing self-catering holiday, nestled in the greenery of Exmoor National Park, conveniently close to the coast (lovely Combe Martin Beach is just 2 miles away!).
Pet-friendly and welcoming, this barn conversion is a great place to stay where you can enjoy spending time both by the coast and in the countryside on holiday with family or friends.
With 2 en-suite bedrooms, this charming barn sleeps up to 4 people, plus 2 pet dogs by arrangement. There are stunning country views from pretty much every room and outside there is a sun terrace with sun beds, as well as garden furniture for dining alfresco, making this a truly appealing and special holiday home.
Inside this 2 En-Suite Bedroom Barn Conversion in Combe Martin
• This property is Grade II listed and as such offers ample character combined with modern touches to make this a charming comfortable holiday home.
• The heart of this holiday home is the open plan living area with warm lighting. This area features a comfy lounge area with comfortable sofa and armchairs, TV, and a well-equipped high quality kitchen with granite worktops and dining area. The kitchen area features a Smeg fridge/freezer, ceramic hob and electric oven, dishwasher, microwave, toaster and kettle for easy self-catering. This area is on the first floor to maximise on the stunning views.
• There are 2 beautifully presented bedrooms on the lower floor;
• A romantic king-size bedroom with country views and en-suite facilities,
• A single bedroom (with full-size trundle bed hidden beneath. This room is ideal for children sharing) with ensuite shower room with luxurious rainfall shower, basin and WC.
Being a family-friendly holiday home, this barn has a stairgate at the top of the stairs.
Outside, this superb property continues to impress with its own private south facing enclosed courtyard (accessed via the single bedroom). This area has outdoor garden furniture with parasol for dining alfresco in the summer months, and is a great place to relax in the summer sunshine. There are also two sun loungers for lying back, relaxing and soaking up the sun’s rays.
This outdoor space is a great place for soaking up the views; gaze out over the courtyard, to the pond and out to the unspoilt countryside beyond.
This welcoming holiday home can be booked with Nutcombe Barn (at additional cost) to create a larger cottage to sleep up to 10 in 5 en-suite rooms.
Discover Exmoor National Park and the Unspoilt Coastline on Holiday
Nestled within Exmoor National Park, there are many superb walks and lush green areas to explore in this part of Devon. There are a number of excellent sandy beaches dotted along the North Devon coast to discover on holiday too. The local beach is less than 2 miles away and the renowned beaches of Woolacombe Sands and Saunton Sands are both within a 20 minute drive.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2009
Kitchen & Dining
Garden and Outdoors
Setting and Local Information
More About this Property and Booking Information
If you are interested in booking, please call the owner, and discuss their booking process. They may ask that you book via a booking form and that you pay by bank transfer.
For safety and security if you need to make a bank transfer to book it is essential you:
- Call the owner or agency on the phone number given on the ad to check that the bank details are correct before making payment.
- Ensure that the name details on the account match with the name details for the company you are booking with (i.e. that you have confirmation of payee before proceeding).
- Never make a payment to a foreign bank account.
Combe Martin is a small seaside village in North Devon. Its sheltered beach is a magical place for children and adults alike. The beach is sandy and is perfect for kayaking/paddleboarding or rock pooling. There are numerous pubs within the village and few essential shops, fish & chip shops and a brand new Co-Op. Situation on the edge of Exmoor with the SW Coast Path running through the village, Combe Martin is is the perfect base to explore the hundreds of miles of walking paths across the moor or along the coast path and the scenery is fantastic.
Nutcombe Cottages are situated on the edge of Exmoor National Park, the comfortable accommodation offers an escape for weekly holidays or short breaks October to March. Escape to the seaside on this beautiful stretch of north Devon coastline and some of the finest beaches in the country. The village of Combe Martin, under a mile away, offers two small sand and shingle beaches. Visit the wild ponies on Exmoor National Park, the Tarka Trail, South West Coastal Path, Clovelly, Lynton, Lynmouth, Porlock, Woolacombe, Saunton, Croyde and much more.
Recommended Places to Visit: Lundy Island, Exmoor National Park, Numerous Wonderful Beaches.
Annual Events: The Hunting of the Earl of Rone 26-29 May Carnival Week August
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Combe Martin and other local villages offer a wide choice of places to eat for all occasions, from country pubs, cafes, manor house restaurants and many more.
Local Sports: Horse riding, kayaking & paddle boarding in the local bay, walking the coast path, sailing, surfing, wind-surfing and other watersports at Woolacombe. Golf in nearby Ilfracombe.
Guest Reviews and Holiday Feedback
Want to find out more about Cider House at Nutcombe Cottages?
Please visit the Owner's website to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Devon.