Accessibility information: - No steps at front door. All ground floor one level accommodation. Previous disabled bookings. Large private car park adjacent to property.
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Stay safe and never complete a Bank Transfer to outside of the UK or Ireland without emailing Country Cottages Online first to check that the bank details are correct first. Most holiday home owners featured on our sites are based in the UK or Ireland so requests for foreign bank transfers should be verified via email with us first.
You should always call the owner or agency on the phone number given on the site and check over any bank details and payment methods quoted in email before placing a booking.
It is recommended that you take out appropriate holiday insurance.
The owner/agency for Agricola House has been advertising with Country Cottages Online for more than 11 years. Read More
Booking and Enquiries
from £2675 per week
This cottage is from an Independent Owner
Interested in Booking?
Contact Rachel at Agricola House on 07747 116 882 or complete the enquiry form.
Large 7 Bedroom Holiday House with Cinema Room on edge of the Peak District
Searching for a large holiday house to rent close to the beautiful Peak District National Park? With 7 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms, Agricola House sleeps up to 14 people in style and comfort.
Whether for a getaway with friends or family, this large luxurious holiday house has lots to offer groups including:
• An excellent location in the conservation area of Wirksworth, close to some of the Peak District's best attractions; Carsington Water, the Peak District National Park, the Heights of Abraham and Gulliver's Kingdom, are all within a 10 minute drive.
• A soundproofed cinema room with surround sound and games console.
• A relaxing wellness sauna.
• Large sociable living spaces and stylish well presented bedrooms.
• Parking for up to 10 cars.
• Wifi internet access.
Whatever the occasion, whether a big family holiday, a reunion with friends, a hen party or a birthday celebration, this 7 bedroom holiday property has lots to offer.
Layout of Accommodation at this Large Group Holiday House near the Peak District:
• Large open plan style living area with lounge area with ample seating and picture window, and kitchen diner with vaulted ceiling, granite work tops, central cooking zone with hob, wine fridge, double oven, microwave, large fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washer-drier and long dining table.
• Cinema room with additional seating plus large wall hung TV with sound bar, games console and free view.
Left wing with 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and sauna comprising of:
• Bedroom 1 with zip and link beds (can be made up as a twin or a super-king size bed).
• Bedroom 2 - double bedroom.
• Bedroom 3 - twin bedroom.
• Bedroom 4 - double bedroom.
• 1 shower room (with a large walk in shower, WC and hand basin).
• a family bathroom with bath plus WC and hand basin.
• Sauna room with music, multi-colour light bar, iPod dock plus radio and oil diffuser.
Right wing with 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms comprising of:
• Bedroom 5 with zip and link beds (can be made up as a twin or a super-king size bed).
• Bedroom 6 - Nordic style bedroom (can be made up as a twin or a super-king size bed).
• Bedroom 7 - large king-sized bed with ensuite shower room.
• 2 shower rooms, each with a large walk-in shower plus WC and hand basin.
Outside for enjoying dining alfresco in summertime, there is a secure courtyard with outdoor seating for 14 people plus a BBQ. There is also a lawned area at the front of the property.
Agricola House is set within Wirksworth's attractive conservation area. Just a walk away is an independent cinema, a choice of boutique shops as well as cafes and restaurants.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2009
Standing as it does virtually at the centre of Derbyshire, about two miles to the south of the Peak District National Park boundary, Wirksworth is a small historic town which is now a thriving arts venue with an annual festival in September. The town is surrounded by beautiful countryside and offers splendid walking and cycling opportunities as well as fun water activities. Individual shops, restaurants, a real ale bar and an independent cinema surround the market place in the heart of the town and are all a few minutes’ walk from Agricola house. Explore the steep terraces, narrow streets and alleyways in this historic town which was once one of the most important lead mining centres in England.
Find out More about Agricola House
Please visit the Owner's website to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities,
surrounding area and places to visit in Derbyshire.
Country Cottages Online is a trading name of XE Website Solutions Ltd.
Registered Office: Travel House, 17 Fennfields Rd, South Woodham, Chelmsford, CM3 5RZ.
Registered in England and Wales No 3991504, VAT registration number: 104 353357