Please visit our comprehensive website for further details of the cottages including photographs, tariff, availability, location, the surrounding area, places to visit, directions and comments from previous guests.
The Cottage adjoins Woodend House and offers comfortable holiday accommodation for up to six people, whether this be for two couples or for a family of four or five. Successfully combining the old with the new and with exposed wooden beams in a number of the rooms, this cottage offers plenty of charm.Cottage Layout
Inside the Cottage there is a cosy lounge/dining room with exposed wooden beams and Victorian open range. This room enjoys views out towards Scafell Pike. Next door is a traditional Lakeland cottage kitchen. From the lounge, stairs lead up to the three comfortable bedrooms (two doubles and one twin) and the family bathroom.Views
This is a fantastic setting and many of the rooms benefit from views towards Scafell Pike, Bow Fell and Crinkle Craggs.Garden
The sunniest garden area can be found at the front of the property just outside of the front door. There is also a garden area to the north of the property where you can look out and enjoy panoramic views across Birker Fell towards Scafell Pike.Pets
The Cottage is pet-friendly (please note, dogs are not allowed upstairs into the bedrooms or on the furniture)
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2005
- Historical Property
- Was originally a Quaker settlement
- With Exposed Beams
Kitchen & Dining:
- Sky TV
- Video or DVD
- Internet Access
- Coffee Maker
- Washing Machine
- Type of Cooker: Electric
- Dining Table Seats: 6
- 2 Double Bed(s)
- 4 Single Bed(s)
- Bed Linen Provided
Heating:Garden and Outdoors:
- Ensuite Bathroom
- Power Shower
- Towels Provided
- Enclosed Garden: North facing and south facing - both enclosed with magnificent view of Scafell and England's highest mountains.
- North and South facing looking directly up the fell and from the garden view of England's highest mountains.
• A master double bedroom
• A second double bedroom
• A twin room with bunks
• Lounge/Dining room with traditional open range, colour TV, Sky Digital
• Kitchen with four ring gas cooker and oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, kettle, toaster and the usual utensils and crockery
• Bathroom with bath/shower, WC and basin
• There is also access, from the kitchen, to a "spare/storage" room downstairs which houses the Rayburn. It is suitable for drying clothes, (in the winter months), and possibly for dogs to sleep in.
• Night storage heating and solid fuel range
• Electricity, coal and logs inclusive
• Duvets, full linen & towels inclusive
• Garden area with garden furniture
• Ample parking available
• Wireless broadband internet access – bring your own computer with a Wifi interface
For those seeking a break in a quiet remote part of the Lake District, Woodend could be perfect. Woodend is set quite high up on Birker Fell (approximately 950') and approached along a single track road through a gate. With views out across the fell towards Scafell Pike, this is a stunning location which is also close to Devoke Water and Devoke Seat where there are more amazing views on offer.
Our aim is to offer guests comfortable and cosy accommodation within a quiet relaxing part of the Lake District.
For those who love to walk, fish, hike, sightsee or just relax, Woodend Cottage could be just perfect.
Please visit the owner's website to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities,
surrounding area and places to visit in Cumbria.
Deposit of £100 payable on booking.
Balance due 8 weeks before start date.
Muncaster Castle and owl sanctury, Boot Mill, L'al Ratty steam train, Hardknott roman fort,
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Foxfield mainline (10 miles) and Eskdale green narrow gauge steam railway (5 miles)
Recommended Places to Visit: Ambleside, Windemere, the west coast
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Numerous pubs within 8 miles radius
Local Sports: Pony trekking, climbing, fishing