Seaside cottages - self-catering holiday cottages by the sea
Seaside holidays are still very popular in England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales, especially with families with small children who do not want the hassle of travelling abroad. With the falling value of the pound people are looking for holidays closer to home and the demand for holiday cottages is increasing, especially for seaside locations. Book far in advance to guarantee the week you prefer, especially if booking for the school holidays.
Britain and Ireland have some superb beaches to offer. Generally, the further you travel from the south coast, the less busy, unspoiled and uncommercial the beaches are. It's worth exploring beach destinations further afield for superb beaches, beautiful settings and child-friendly seaside holidays. Scotland, Wales and Ireland all offer great seaside holidays during the summer.
Click on the following pages to find seaside cottages and holidays in various parts of Great Britain and Ireland:
Dogs allowed seaside cottage holidays
- seaside cottages where dogs are welcome
- pet-friendly coastal holiday homes in Suffolk
- dog-friendly cottages in Northumberland, north east England
Other useful seaside cottage related pages:
- seaside cottages that sleep up to 20 people in the UK or Ireland - for families or groups holidaying together.
- seaside cottages for 2
- holiday cottages south coast of England
- Seaside holiday cottages with a swimming pool - a chance to splash about all day long
- holiday cottages north Wales coast - for sandy beaches and a beautiful location.
Find a selection of cottages by the sea for a great British family holiday.