Guide to Cottage Holidays in the Quantock Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
Thinking of holidaying in the Quantock Hills? Find ideas and inspiration on what the Quantock Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty has to offer for cottage breaks with Country Cottages Online's guide.
Search Cottage Rentals in the Quantock Hills
What the Quantock Hills Offer for Holidays
Found in Somerset and covering an area of 12 miles by 4 miles, the Quantock Hills stretch from the coast near Watchet down and across to close to Taunton and comprise of of heathland, woodland, parkland, fields, farmlands and some stunning coastal scenery too.
As England's first designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the Quantock Hills are a special place, popular with walkers, nature lovers, mountain bikers and horse riders.
People visit to enjoy the great outdoors, to visit hills and woodlands and to discover fascinating iron age hill forts, as well as to enjoy stunning views out to the Mendip Hills, the Blackdown Hills and the Somerset Levels.
Points of Interest to Discover on Holiday in the Quantock Hills include:
• Quantock Common - this is an area with heather covered hill tops and valley woodlands which is protected by the National Trust.
• Lydeard Hill - this hill is renowned for its views and the beautiful surrounding heathlands.
• Staple Plain - marked trails lead you to some stunning views of the Quantock Hills and coastal views from Staple Plain.
• Holford Combe - discover ancient oak woodlands.
• Jurassic Coastline - The Quantock Hills cover an area of fascinating Jurassic coastline from Kilve to East Quantoxhead where you can enjoy fossil hunting or rock pooling.
Wherever you opt to stay in the Quantock Hills, whether in or near a village or nestled deep in the countryside, we hope you've found our guide on places to visit and things to see in the Quantock Hills helpful and that you find the perfect holiday rental for you on Country Cottages Online.