Holidays in the Howardian Hills AONB
Located just south of the North York Moors National Park, the Howardian Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is a green and beautiful part of North Yorkshire covering fields, farmlands and parklands, around 13 miles from the historical city of York.
Find Cottage Rentals in the Howardian Hills AONB and Nearby
What the Howardian Hills Offer for Cottage Breaks
Like many of Britain's Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the Howardian Hills are a wonderful area to enjoy exploring the great outdoors, whether you enjoy walking, hiking, horse riding or wildlife watching.
Places of Historical Interest to visit within the Howardian Hills AONB and nearby include:
• Castle Howard - a privately owned country estate with beautiful gardens and a children's playground near York.
• Nunnington Hall - a National Trust country house close to the River Rye.
• Hovingham Hall - a private rural estate with extensive gardens near York.
• Scampston Hall - a regency style country house with a modern walled garden, around 6 miles from the Howardian Hills.
Good Walks within the Howardian Hills AONB
Some of the most popular places for good walks in the Howardian Hills include:
• Hovingham and surrounding area.
• Terrington and surrounding area.
• Welburn and surrounding area.
Pretty Villages within the Howardian Hills
Some of the best known pretty villages within the Howardian Hills include:
• Hovingham, a pretty village on the edge of the Howardian Hills, close to Castle Howard.
• Terrington, a large village within the Howardian Hills AONB, not far from Malton.
• Welburn, a historical village set close to the River Derwent on the edge of the Howardian Hills.
Wherever you choose to explore in the Howardian Hills, we hope that we've provided you with some inspiration on some of the best places to visit and explore in this beautiful part of Yorkshire and that you find the perfect holiday rental for you on Country Cottages Online.