Book a cottage break in Bedford, Bedfordshire, England
Get away to the town of Bedford for a cottage break and enjoy staying in Bedfordshire’s county town. With a riverside setting and plenty of shops and restaurants, Bedford has lots to offer visitors. There are a number of galleries and museums within Bedford, for those in search of a bit of culture.
What Bedford, Bedfordshire offers for Self-Catering Holidays
For days out, Bedfordshire is home to an exciting array of attractions and England's capital city London is also within easy reach for days out.
Top Things to See and Do on a Cottage Break in Bedford
• Bedfordshire is home to some interesting museums including the Museum of Military Intelligence at Shefford and the Shuttleworth Collection near Biggleswade where you can see an amazing collection of historical airplanes.
• Another place well worth visiting is Bletchley Park, 19 miles from Bedford, where the German’s code was broken during World War II.
• If you enjoy outdoor activities, there are a great range to choose from near Bedford including walking, cycling, horse riding and watersports at Wyboston Lakes. Relaxing walks and off-road bike rides can be enjoyed at the Forest Centre at Marston Moretaine, where you can even hire bikes.
• If you’re holidaying with kids, why not treat the whole family to a wild day out at Woburn Safari Park where you can enjoy a safari-type experience, right here in the UK. Woburn is just half an hour’s drive from Bedford.
• Another memorable day out can be had in Salcey Forest in nearby Northamptonshire, around 40 minutes’ drive from Bedford. The tree-top walk where you can walk high up by the leaves and tops of the trees is an experience to treasure.
• Bedford is only around 30 minutes’ train ride in to London and offers easy access in to England’s capital city. Whether you want to visit the big smoke for a night out at the theatre or want to visit one of London’s world-class attractions such as the London Eye or one of the many museums, London offers a myriad of attractions and places of interest.
Whether you’re searching for a family holiday cottage or a romantic retreat, we hope you find the best place to stay for you in or near to Bedford and have a wonderful time in Bedfordshire.
Book a Bedford cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Bedfordshire on holiday.