Discover the city of Perth on a self-catering break. Located close to the heart of Perth and Kinross is Perthshire's only city, the city of Perth. With plenty to offer visitors, Perth could be a great place to stay for a short break or for a longer stay.
Hints and Tips on Cottage Holidays in Perth
Explore some of the best of the Perthshire Highland countryside on days out enjoying the great outdoors, visit cultural attractions, play some golf or explore fascinating Scottish towns, villages and cities such as Stirling and Dunfermline within an hour's drive of Perth. There is so much to see and do when holidaying in Perth.
Best Places to Visit on a Cottage Holiday in Perth
Perth is really well located for discovering some of the best of Perthshire and beyond on a cottage break. Here are some hints, tips and ideas to inspire you on things to do and places to visit.
• Situated by the River Tay, Perth is an attractive Scottish city with a great choice of shops, restaurants, bars and cafes.
• For those keen to see some typically Scottish attractions, a drive to Pitlochry is recommended as there are a number of whisky distilleries around the town where you can learn about how this drink is made and may be sample a 'wee dram'. Also of note is the salmon run where you can see salmon swimming upstream in season.
• Avid golfers will want to book to play on the famous championship Gleneagles golf course in Auchterarder, just 30 minute's drive from Perth.
• For walks, hikes and wildlife watching, the Lomond Hills Regional Park is just 40 minutes' drive south from Perth. Head North West and you can be exploring the wonderful scenery of the Perthshire HIghland. Visit the Queen's View for some of the best views in this beautiful part of Scotland.
• Stirling with its impressive historic castle is around 45 minutes' drive from Perth. Visit the old town of Stirling where there are some atmospheric historic buildings including the Old Town Jail attraction.
• If you love visiting historical buildings then other castles not too far away to discover include Blair Castle and the ruins of Elcho Castle.
• If you don't mind a bit of a long drive and are happy driving in to cities, why not visit Scotland's elegant capital city of Edinburgh, visit the famous historical castle, enjoy some shopping and eat out in one of the city's fine restaurants.
When holidaying in or near to Perth, rent a self-catering apartment or townhouse and stay in the city or rent a rural retreat, farm cottage or barn conversion in the nearby countryside and travel in to Perth for days out. Whatever type of property you prefer, we hope you find the perfect holiday cottage in or near Perth on Country Cottages Online.
Whether you choose to book a holiday cottage in Perth, an apartment, a lodge or another type of self-catering holiday accommodation, we hope you have your best holiday yet in Perthshire.