Self catering holiday cottages in Blairgowrie, Perthshire, Scotland
Escape on a cottage break to the delightful Perthshire town of Blairgowrie.
Information on Cottage Holidays in Blairgowrie
Set by the River Ericht and with charming historical buildings, shops and cafes, Blairgowrie has plenty to offer for self-catering holidays.
Ideas for Days Out from Blairgowrie
• If you enjoy walking, Blairgowrie is a great place to stay as the extensive Cateran Trail starts from the town. Other activities on offer nearby include angling and golfing.
• Blairgowrie is situated just half an hour's drive from the Cairngorms National Park and there is a popular ski resort at Glenshee, around 40 minute's drive from Blairgowrie. In summer, Glenshee is popular with walkers and mountain bikers and come winter time, skiing (weather permitting) is on offer here.
• For shopping, eating out and entertainment, the city of Perth is close at hand, at just half an hour's drive from Blairgowrie.
• For those who like to taste a wee dram of whisky, why not visit the distilleries found dotted around Pitlochry around 40 minutes' drive from Blairgowrie? Scotland's distilleries make for a fascinating day out.
• If you enjoy learning about Scottish history, why not visit one of the historical castles found in this part of Scotland? Some of the nearest include Dalnaglar Castle, Blair Castle, Glamis Castle and famous Scone Palace,
Whether you want to take a rural retreat break, a lodge holiday or a country cottage holiday, travelling around and exploring this part of Perthshire can be a real pleasure. We hope you find the perfect holiday cottage for you in or near to Blairgowrie on Country Cottages Online.