Cottages to rent for self-catering breaks in Kirriemuir, Perthshire, Scotland
Planning a cottage holiday in Kirriemuir in Perthshire? With a selection of shops, inns and eateries, Kirriemuir has plenty to offer holidaymakers.
Hints and Tips on Cottage Holidays in Kirriemuir
- Kirriemuir is famous for being the birthplace of JM Barrie (the writer of Peter Pan) and the house where he was born is now a National Trust property which is open to visitors.
- Known as a gateway town to the glens, Kirriemuir is well placed for visiting some of Scotland’s most scenic glens, plus Cairngorms National Park is just 15 miles away.
- For shopping, eating out and cultural attractions, Kirriemuir is located 28 miles from the city of Perth.
- For outdoor activities, the Spittal of Glenshee calls and is just 25 miles from Kirriemuir. The Spittal of Glenshee is a very scenic place where four glens meet and is a popular area for walking, angling and mountain biking in summer and skiing in winter.
- Also within reach is Glen Clova; another impressive glen where you can visit scenic Loch Brandy and if you hike to the top soak up fantastic views over this impressive Perthshire landscape.
With lots to offer visitors, Kirriemuir could be a great base for a holiday in Perthshire. Whether you choose to rent an apartment or a townhouse in Kirriemuir itself or a lodge or a country cottage in the nearby countryside, we hope you find the perfect Kirriemuir holiday rental for you on Country Cottages Online.