For a self-catering holiday close to the waterside, a stay in or near to Dunoon in Argyll and Bute could be perfect. Situated by the Firth of Clyde along the Cowal Peninsula, Dunoon offers the feel of a seaside town and with lovely views out over the water to the Clyde Muirshiel Regional Park, this truly is an appealing Scottish town.
Hints and Tips on Cottage Holidays in Dunoon
With shops, cafes and bars plus a historical Victorian pier and a nice promenade, Dunoon is a great base for a self-catering break in Argyll and Bute.
Top Things to See and Do on a Cottage Break in Dunoon
• Dunoon is a convenient base for touring around some of the most picturesque parts of the Argyll and Bute coastline, which is renowned to be one of the most beautiful in Scotland.
• Those with a sense of adventure will want to visit the Isle of Bute with its gardens, historical house and island culture.
• For days out in the countryside, the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park is within an hour’s drive and is one of Scotland’s most naturally beautiful areas with lochs, glens, mountains and tranquillity.
• Beautiful parks and gardens are a special feature of this part of Scotland, so those with a love for greenery and flowers will be in their element.
• Take to the waters whilst in this part of Scotland and book to go on one of the local boat trips that run from Greenock or Blairmore which take you around the sea lochs and coastal scenery of the Clyde estuary.
Holiday accommodation in and near to Dunoon can be popular so booking early is recommended. Options range from good value apartments to seaside cottages and large villas. We hope you find the best holiday accommodation for you in or close to Dunoon.
Whether you choose to book a holiday cottage in Dunoon, an apartment, a lodge or another type of self-catering holiday accommodation, we hope you have your best holiday yet in Argyll and Bute.