Description: About Hideaways Blue Anchor
Two bedroom pet-friendly holiday bungalow close to Minehead
The chalet style bungalow is set in a very peaceful woodland area with no through traffic. Situated one mile from the village of Blue Anchor and conveniently close to the seaside resort of Minehead, this is a delightful base to explore north Somerset, Exmoor and the surrounding pretty villages.
Hideaways holiday home is furnished to a high standard to provide good comfortable accommodation for couples or families.
Accommodation inside Hideaways:
- Lounge with large windows and a dining area with a table that seats four people There is a television and DVD player.
- The fitted kitchen contains and electric free standing cooker, a refrigerator, microwave, toaster, kettle and washing machine. There is sufficient crockey, glassware and cutlery to allow for self-catering.
- The modern bathroom has a bath and a shower.
- There are two bedrooms one of which has a double bed and the other has two single beds.
- The back garden is a lovely place to sit and enjoy summer sunshine. It has a central lawn with a picnic table for lunch outdoors on good days. Trees and shrubberies add privacy to the garden. Enjoy resting outside when not on the beach or rambling on Exmoor.
- Plenty of wildlife visits the garden, bring binoculars to spot birds, foxes, badgers and other small mammals.
The chalet is pet-friendly
Please feel free to bring a dog to stay with you. North Somerset is a very dog-friendly destination and you will discover lots of good walks to enjoy.
This holiday chalet has Internet with WiFi for your smart phones and tablets.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2008
Guest Reviews and Holiday Feedback
Stayed at Hideaways Blue Anchor?Add a Review
More About this Property and Booking Information
If you are interested in booking, please call the owner, and discuss their booking process. They may ask that you book via a booking form and that you pay by bank transfer.
For safety and security if you need to make a bank transfer to book it is essential you:
- Call the owner or agency on the phone number given on the ad to check that the bank details are correct before making payment.
- Ensure that the name details on the account match with the name details for the company you are booking with (i.e. that you have confirmation of payee before proceeding).
- Never make a payment to a foreign bank account.
Setting and Local Information
Local Attractions near Blue Anchor
Top Attractions: Hideaways is situated on private land. It's a tranquil spot for anyone who would like a relaxing holiday in the country as well as being very close to the beach. It is perfect for guests with a dog. A rural setting where to enjoy nature and wildlife. Dunster is a medieval village 4miles with its historic castle. Taunton is 19miles away along the A358. Exmoor is close by with some of the most beautiful countryside to be seen. Lynton & Lynmouth are reached via Porlock using the famous hill 1/4 ! and then down Countisbury Hill giving splendid views of the moors and coastline.
Recommended Places to Visit: The seaside town of Minehead, West Somerset Steam Railway, historic Watchet - for marina, good restaurants and maritime museum. A visit to Tropiquaria if you love Meerkats! Tarr Steps nr Dulverton, Barnstable, Lynton & Lynmouth.
Annual Eventst: The magical experience of Dunster by Candlelight is on December 7th & 8th when the whole village is lit by candles and Christmas lights and all the shops and eateries are open. Come for a festive experience and do some Christmas shopping. West Somerset Steam Railway hold many special events from Easter to Christmas so do bring the kids.
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Lots of good eateries should you like to dine out. Within a short distance from Cleeve Park is The Smugglers Inn. Tea and meals and the Driftwood café, Chives Cafe in Watchet is very popular with all our visitors as is the Driftwood Cafe on the seafront. Many more restaurants and eateries in Minehead and Dunster. Toucans in Minehead has a wonderful vegetarian cafe.
Local Sports: fishing, sailing, watersports, walking, golfing
For a special cottage holiday by the seaside, Blue Anchor is hard to beat. With a long stretch of sandy beach that goes on for miles as well as a picturesque and peaceful setting, this village is a great place for a family holiday or a romantic break away.
With a generous stretch of sandy beach and connections to the South West Coastal Path, this is a wonderful place for a self-catering walking holiday. Walk along the coast and discover some fascinating rocks and cliffs along the shoreline.
Want to find out more about Hideaways Blue Anchor?
Please visit the Owner's website to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Somerset.