About Old Stable and 3 more cottages
Come and stay in characteristic, spacious and luxury cottages in a peaceful rural setting 15 minutes walk from Thame and a short drive from Oxford or Aylesbury.
Each cottage is fully equipped and furnished.
- The kitchen consists of ‘Neff' electric hob, oven and microwave.
- Bathrooms have baths and showers.
- Living areas have rustic pine furniture with dining table and chairs. Comfortable leather sofas and reclining chairs.
- Woodburning effect heaters and oil central heating. The bedrooms have mattresses to the highest standard and matching bedding and curtains.
- There is a separate laundry room with washing machine, tumble dryer and dishwasher.
- The Old Stable is the only cottage with dishwasher and all cottages have ironing board and iron.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2008
Setting and Local Information
More About this Property and Booking Information
Comfortably furnished with exposed beams and original features. There are 4 cottages altogether which can be booked together in advance for larger groups of up to 15, or individually for 2, 4 or up to 6 or 7 people
- The Old Stable is a spacious cottage with 3 bedrooms (1 double and 2 twins) bathroom and shower room, 2 toilets.
- The Old Dairy is a 2 bedroom cottage which sleeps 4. Kingsize bed.
- Carthouse cottage has just the one double bedroom with a kingsize bed.
- Byre Cottage has a twin bedroom.
If you are interested in booking, please call the owner, and discuss their booking process. They may ask that you book via a booking form and that you pay by bank transfer.
For safety and security if you need to make a bank transfer to book it is essential you:
- Call the owner or agency on the phone number given on the ad to check that the bank details are correct before making payment.
- Ensure that the name details on the account match with the name details for the company you are booking with (i.e. that you have confirmation of payee before proceeding).
- Never make a payment to a foreign bank account.
Moreton is a small hamlet a few mins by car to the nearest town of Thame
Plenty to do. We're on the west side of London close to the M40. Perfectly situated for trips to Oxford - only 14 miles away, Henley on Thames as well as London and the Cotswolds. Visit Blenheim Palace, Cotswolds, Legoland in Windsor, Windsor Castle, London City, Thorpe theme Park, Woburn Safari Park.
Recommended Places to Visit: Anywhere to the west of London is ideal for day trips. The university city of Oxford is a must on every tourist's list. Spend a day or two exploring the historic colleges, Botanic Gardens. Visit Windsor and Eton. Take a boat trip on the Thames or find your bearings on the open-top bus. London is easily accessed by car or train. Go to the Zoo, theatre trips, shopping, London's parks, London Eye or try a value for money walking tour.
Annual Events: Henley Regatta in July. Autumn colours are the Westonbirt Arboretum in the Cotswolds are a must.
Recommended Places to Eat Out: There are 15 public houses in Thame and restaurants to cater for all cuisine: Indian, Italian, French, Thai and of course English.
Local Sports: Cycle path from Thame to Princes Risborough. The Oxfordshire Golf Course plus three other pay and play courses, all within a ten mile radius. Plenty of country walks on the farm itself. Sports Centre nearby. Riding. Fishing nearby.
Guest Reviews and Holiday Feedback
Want to find out more about Old Stable and 3 more cottages?
Please visit the Owner's website to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Oxfordshire.