Self catering holiday cottages in Welford, Northamptonshire, England
Get away to Welford and enjoy a stay in a pretty village on a cottage break. For those in search of a slower pace of life and a relaxing break, Welford could be ideal. With a setting close to the River Avon and plenty of historical buildings, Welford offers visitors plenty of charm and appeal. There are three pubs to choose from in the village, including one that serves food.
About Cottage Breaks in Welford
Ideas on Things to See and Do on a Cottage Break in Welford
- There are a number of good walks to enjoy in and around Welford and the Jurassic Way passes through the village. You can also enjoy scenic walks along the Welford Canal arm towpath and by Welford Reservoir.
- Families holidaying with children will want to visit the Mini Meadows Farm on the outskirts of Welford where there are a variety of animals to meet including sheep, goats, miniature Shetland ponies, alpacas, donkeys and rabbits.
- Situated close to the border with Leicestershire, it’s possible to discover some of the best of Leicestershire as well as Northamptonshire on a break in Welford.
- Visit the picturesque Leicestershire market town of Market Harborough with its restaurants, cafes and independent shops, around 9 miles from Welford.
- If you want to enjoy more waterside walks, cycling, birdwatching and even watersports why not head to Rutland Water? Within an hour’s drive of Welford, there is so much to see and do at Rutland Water Nature Reserve.
- Shakespeare’s Country is within an hour’s drive of Welford. Visit Stratford Upon Avon, around an hour’s drive from Welford and enjoy following in Shakespeare’s footsteps and soaking up the atmosphere at this historic town.
- Also within an hour’s drive is Warwick and historical Warwick castle which is bound to fascinate visitors young and old.
Rent a townhouse, an apartment or a historic cottage in lovely Welford or stay in a farm cottage or barn conversion in the nearby countryside.
Book a Welford cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Northamptonshire on holiday.