Self catering holiday cottages in Towcester, Northamptonshire, England
Get away to the charming Northamptonshire town of Towcester for a relaxing cottage break. This attractive market town with its cafes, shops and eateries has plenty to recommend it. Originally a coaching town, you can appreciate the lovely historical feel of Towcester with its wide streets and historic charm.
Facts about Self-Catering Holidays in Towcester
Also at Towcester is a beautiful park near Moat Lane where there are a number of acres of beautiful water meadows and parklands to enjoy and explore. The town also has its own museum.
Things to See and Do on a Cottage Holiday in Towcester
- If you enjoy plenty of hustle and bustle and want shops, cafes and restaurants galore then the large town of Milton Keynes with its vast shopping centre is just 13 miles from Towcester. Also at Milton Keynes is the XScape centre where there is a cinema complex and indoor ski centre.
- For more tranquil days out, the National Trust’s Claydon House makes for an interesting visit and is just over half an hour’s drive away.
- More tranquillity can be found at Salcey Forest just 10 miles from Towcester. Enjoy walking along forest trails and exploring the tree top forest walk where you can enjoy a bird’s eye view of the area.
- More opportunities to escape to dreamy surroundings and walk amongst beautiful landscapes can be found at the National Trust’s nearby Stowe Landscaped Gardens, just 8 miles away from Towcester.
- For a wilder day out why not head to the Woburn Safari Park where you can enjoy a safari type experience right here in the UK and see a variety of amazing animals including monkeys! Woburn Safari Park is just half an hour’s drive from Towcester.
Whether you want to stay in a historical Grade I or Grade II listed holiday cottage in town or in a countryside cottage close to Towcester, we hope you find the perfect place to stay for you in or near to Towcester in Northamptonshire.
Featured Self catering country cottages near Towcester, Northamptonshire, England:
2 bedroom Cottage, East Midlands .
1 - 4
We have two pet-friendly self-catering log cabins standing in a beautiful rural lakeside setting.