Are you looking to enjoy a cottage holiday in an idyllic Northamptonshire village? If so, a stay in the picture-perfect canal-side village of Stoke Bruern could be perfect.
Information on Cottage Holidays in Stoke Bruerne
This little village is renowned for its idyllic setting and attracts plenty of day-trippers on warm summers’ days. Enjoy walks down by the canal-side, a lunch at one of the country inns, afternoon tea in one of the tea shops, take a boat trip and see the village from the water or visit the Canal Museum. You may also be lucky enough to see birds such as reed warblers, ducks or swans as you journey along the canal.
Top Things to See and Do on a Cottage Holiday in Stoke Bruerne
• For those who love the great outdoors, head for Salcey Forest with its wonderful tree-top forest walks. You can also bike or walk on one of the trails on the forest floor if you prefer.
• If you like fine market towns then visit the charming town of Towcester just 5 miles from Stoke Bruerne where there is a choice of shops and eateries.
• Families will want to visit Woburn Safari Park where you can drive around and enjoy a safari-type experience right here in the UK and see a variety of amazing different animals. Woburn Safari Park is just half an hour’s drive from Stoke Bruern.
• More family fun can be found at Whipsnade Zoo near Dunstable which is around 45 minutes drive from Stoke Bruern.
• For those in search of more picture-perfect villages and charming towns, the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is within reach for day trips, with places such as Chipping Norton located within an hour’s drive of Stoke Bruern.
Whether you’re planning a romantic break or a family getaway or a holiday with friends, Stoke Bruern has plenty to offer. Dreaming of renting a holiday cottage with canal views, a rural retreat in the nearby countryside or a good value apartment? Whatever type of accommodation you have in mind, we hope you find the perfect holiday house for you in or near to Stoke Bruern.
Book a Stoke Bruerne cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Northamptonshire on holiday.