Cottages to rent for self-catering breaks in Gedney, Lincolnshire, England
Looking to take a tranquil countryside cottage holiday in Lincolnshire? If so, Gedney with its leafy tree lined country lanes, pretty cottages and setting next to farmlands and fields could be just perfect.
Facts about what Gedney offers for Self-Catering Holidays
Set within the Lincolnshire Fens, this mostly flat landscape is a great place to enjoy walking, cycling, country living and a tranquil rural retreat break.
Things to See and Do on a Cottage Break in Gedney
- All around there is gorgeous countryside just waiting to be explored, so whether you enjoy walking, cycling, wildlife watching or horse riding you should find plenty of opportunities ot enjoy outdoor activities in this area of Lincolnshire.
- For nature lovers, this is a particularly good part of England for bird watching. The RSPB’s Freiston Shore, an estuary particularly rich in birdlife is just over 30 minute’s drive from Gedney, Frampton Marsh Nature Reserves are just 25 minutes drive away and The Wash National Nature Reserve, another great area for spotting wildfowl is just half an hour’s drive from Gedney.
- The attractive riverside town of Spalding is only around 11 miles away and the pretty market town of Boston is just 17 miles away.
- Gedney in Lincolnshire lies close to the border with Norfolk and it’s even possible to visit the Norfolk coast for days out from here. Heacham along the North Norfolk coast is around 30 miles away and Wells-next-the-Sea is 45 miles from Gedney.
- For time in the countryside in Norfolk, a trip to Thetford Forest Park is only around an hour and here you can enjoy forest walks, or even try Go Ape or take a Segway through the forest.
Whether you want to rent a holiday cottage on a farm, a holiday barn, a wooden holiday lodge, a chalet or even a unique holiday home such as a yurt, we hope you find the perfect holiday home for you on Countrycottagesonline.com.