Twyford could be a great base for discovering some of the best of Berkshire and also nearby Oxfordshire on a cottage break. The large leafy village of Tywford is located near the Loddon Valley in Berkshire and has plenty of shops, eateries and English charm to offer visitors. The village has a rich history and many charming historical buildings.
Advice on Cottage Holidays in Twyford
Around the village is a good choice of walking paths and bridleways which take you out in to the surrounding countryside, along by the River Loddon, Broadwater and other local lakes. Twyford is also well located for visiting some of South East England's best loved family attractions and countryside on a cottage holiday.
Places to Visit for Days Out whilst on a Cottage Break in Twyford
• One fascinating place to visit in Tywford is the Stanlake Park Wine Estate. Booking is essential as tours are only available on certain dates. Book a guided tour, see the vines and learn about how this award winning wine is made, and of course don't miss the chance to taste some wine!
• For riverside walks, the chance to feed the ducks and high end shopping, the riverside town of Marlow has plenty to recommend it and is less than 10 miles from Twyford. Marlow also has an expansive park which sometimes hosts a market at weekends, along with a good choice of eateries and bars.
• For more fun by the river, Henley on Thames offers much the same as Marlow but on a much larger scale. Henley is just 5 miles from Twyford and in the summer time boat trips are available to take you up the River Thames.
• If you love exploring unspoilt countryside then the North Wessex Downs will call your name. Whether you like walking, cycling or horse riding, this is one of England's most beautiful areas and a wonderful place to enjoy the great outdoors.
• Just 10 miles from Twyford is the riverside village of Bray which is another popular place to visit, particularly for those looking to enjoy fine dining as the three Michelin starred Waterside Inn and Fat Duck are located here.
• Those holidaying with children may want to visit some of the family attractions within easy travelling distance of Twyford. For those with young children, Legoland is around half an hour's drive away from Twyford at nearby Windsor. If you're holidaying with older children or teenagers you may prefer to visit historical Windsor Castle or head over in to Surrey to Thorpe Park where there is a huge choice of fantastic rides.
Book to stay in a holiday house within Twyford itself or rent a farm cottage or barn conversion in the nearby countryside. We hope you find the perfect holiday cottage for you in or close to Twyford.
Book a Twyford cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Berkshire on holiday.