A country cottage with Hot Tub and Sauna that sleeps 6 in a beautiful setting in the Welsh Marches
Looking to escape to the country for a rural retreat break in unspoilt and beautiful Powys? Set on a working farm, Meadow Lodge with its lovely farmland and valley views could be the ideal place for a tranquil getaway with friends or family. With secluded gardens with a pond, as well as a sauna and hot tub for a truly relaxing break, this could be the ideal place to relax and unwind close to the Wales/England border.
This modern brick-built lodge sleeps up to 6 people and features comfortable welcoming accommodation. Inside there is:
• A large living room with double doors that lead to the conservatory.
• A spacious modern well equipped kitchen/diner with large gas range cooker, larder fridge, dishwasher and dining area with garden views to seat 6.
• A utility area with washing machine and tumble dryer.
• Three bedrooms; a master bedroom (can be made up as either a king-sized bed or as twin beds), a twin bedroom and a double bedroom.
• A family bathroom.
• The infrared sauna (for your private use, and can only be used if you are dry). Inside the sauna there is a large window where you can look out to the garden and bird table.
• A shower room is next door to the sauna.
• The property benefits from LPG heating.
Outside the property is a large secluded garden, complete with outdoor seating where you can soak up the sun. To the west side of the property is the private outdoor hot tub (doors lead from the conservatory out to the hot tub).
Guests also enjoy shared access to a games room at the farm where there is a full-sized snooker table, table tennis and darts.
This rural retreat could be the ideal place for a quiet relaxing break but there's plenty nearby for those who like to explore too. The Shropshire Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is just 5 miles away, and the Offa's Dyke walking trail is close by too. Walking, cycling and wildlife watching can be enjoyed close by. For shopping and dining out, the pretty town of Leominster with its black and white buildings is just 22 miles away and the pretty town of Hay on Wye with its cafes and independent shops is just 23 miles away.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2005
50% deposit on booking with balance 1 mth before start date.
- 6 person infra-red sauna, laundry area with tumble dryer.
Kitchen & Dining:
- Sky TV
- Video or DVD
- Internet Access
- Coffee Maker
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Type of Cooker: Gas range cooker
- Dining Table Seats: 6
- 2 Kingsize Bed(s)
- 4 Single Bed(s)
- Bed Linen Provided
Heating:Garden and Outdoors:
- Towels Provided
- Hairdryers (1)
- Enclosed Garden: Large private garden with pond. Seating areas and suntrap spots. The views are gorgeous
- Outdoor Hot Tub
- Games Room: Full size snooker table and table tennis located by the farm house
- Beautiful views of the farmland and surrounding hills. Own private garden with pond and secluded sun bathing areas.
Water breaks its neck waterfall, New Radnor. Judges Lodgings Prestigne, Ludlow Castle.
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Knighton Town 9miles
Recommended Places to Visit: Ludlow Castle and town, Prestigne town and Judges Lodgings, Croft Castle and park. Hay-on-Way
Annual Events: Knighton Town carnival bank holiday weekend in August
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Horse & Jockey, George & dragon Pubs Knighton.
Knighton Place fish and chip shop where you can take your chips next door and enjoy local ales.
The Stag Titley near Prestigne.
The Harp at Old Radnor
Local Sports: Horse riding, golf, clay pigeon shooting , WRC rally experience days, fly and coarse fishing, Leisure centres, National trails.