Llanberis in Gwynedd, North Wales is well placed for a cottage holiday close to both the stunning landscape of Snowdonia National Park and the Gwynedd coast.
What Llanberis, Gwynedd offers for Self-Catering Holidays
For those who love the great outdoors and walking, hiking and wildlife watching on a self-catering break, this area of Wales has plenty to offer.
Things to See and Do on a Cottage Holiday in Llanberis
• The village of Llanberis is known as "Snowdon's Village" and many people come to ascend the mountain's summit and discover Snowdonia National Park.
• Numerous outdoor pursuits take place in the area around the village, including fell racing, climbing, cycling, walking, and pony trekking as well as water sports such as scuba diving and kayaking. In fact, Llanberis is also known as "The adventure capital of North Wales". The village itself offers pubs and shops, and a surprising number of restaurants and cafes, for the size of the village, greet the visitor.
• One of the area's most popular tourist destinations is the Slate Museum, where you can find out about the slate quarrying industry that used to dominate this region and see the huge waterwheel.
• Everyone loves a steam train, and the Llanberis Lake Railway has a route along the lakeside on a narrow gauge track. You can take a covered boat trip on Padarn Lake or hire a canoe to explore the lagoons. Adventurous families like to take a ropes course (high for adults and low for the kids).
• A very popular way of getting to the top of Mount Snowdon is on the Snowdon Mountain Railway. A café serves refreshments at the top, whilst you admire the wonderful views. Of course, if you're fit and prepared, and suitably equipped, you can climb on foot. Six main footpaths go to the summit, three of which can be accessed easily from Llanberis.
• After all that time in the countryside you may long for some time by the coast and the Gwynedd seaside is conveniently close by. Bangor by the coast and near the Menai Straits is just 12 miles from Llanberis.
Whether you opt to rent a holiday lodge, a rural retreat, a farm cottage or a country house, we hope you find the perfect place to stay for your Welsh getaway in or near to Llanberis.
Book a Llanberis cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Gwynedd on holiday.