Just 6 miles from the coast, the welcoming town of St Clears by the River Tar could be a great place to stay for your self-catering holiday in Carmarthenshire. Enjoy days exploring the Carmarthenshire coast and countryside with the added benefit of parts of the Pembrokeshire coast within reach for day trips too.
• With a choice of pubs, local shops and a leisure centre with badminton courts and squash courts in town, St Clears offers visitors a number of amenities.
About Self-Catering Holidays in St. Clears
• Just 4 miles from St Clears is Laugharne Castle, a fascinating ruined castle that lies close to the coast. With tea shops, cafes and picturesque appeal, Laugharne is well worth a visit.
• Another impressive ruined castle to visit not too far from St Clears is Llansteffan Castle, with an enviable coastal location overlooking sand flats by the river Tywi.
• Also popular for day trips is the National Botanic Garden of Wales with its National Bird of Prey Centre and fascinating greenery.
• Families holidaying in the area may also want to visit Folly Farm Adventure Park and Zoo (around 20 minutes' drive from St Clears) where there are various funfair style rides, as well as indoor and outdoor play areas to keep the kids entertained.
• You can also enjoy time by the seaside not too far away from St Clears, with parts of the stunning Pembrokeshire coastline within reach for days out. The seaside town of Saundersfoot with its beach is around 15 miles from St Clears. Tenby with its 3 blue flag award winning beaches is also just 20 miles from St Clears.
Whether you're planning a take-it-easy holiday near St Clears or an adventure-packed break, we hope you find the perfect self-catering cottage accommodation for your getaway on Country Cottages Online.
Book a St. Clears cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Carmarthenshire on holiday.