Get away to the estuary town of Ferryside for a cottage holiday in coastal Carmarthenshire. Situated by the River Towy, Ferryside is a small friendly village with its own stretch of beach.
What Ferryside offers for Cottage Breaks
Within Ferryside is a village shop, a post office, a pub and a restaurant. There are many fantastic places within easy reach of Ferryside. Provided you have use of a car, you can really enjoy discovering some of the best of coastal Wales from Ferryside including some of the Pembrokeshire's seaside and the scenic Gower Peninsula.
Discover some of the Best of the Welsh Coast on a Cottage Holiday in or near Ferryside
• Within an hour's drive of Ferryside is Mumbles and the Gower Peninsula. With coastal walking paths and golden sandy beaches such as Langland Bay, Rhossili Bay and impressive limestone cliffs, the best example of which can be found at Three Cliffs Bay, this area of Wales has plenty to offer. Whether you want to enjoy walks along the beach with your dog or want to try your hand at body boarding or surfing, this is a great area of Wales to holiday in.
• For more impressive coastal scenery, stunning beaches and pretty seaside villages and towns such as Tenby, Saundersfoot and Penally, the south eastern part of the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park is within an hour's drive of Ferryside.
• If you love watching wildlife you should enjoy a holiday in this part of Wales. Boat trips can be taken from around Mumbles and Swansea to see seals, dolphins and even whales.
• If you adore walks in unspoilt countryside this could also be a wonderful area to discover as the western edges of the Brecon Beacons National Park is within an hour's drive, so don't forget your walking boots!
• You can also discover some wonderful historical attractions in this area of Wales. The medieval town of Carmarthen (10 miles from Ferryside) is home to a magnificent historical castle, Kidwelly (4 miles from Ferryside) with its superb Norman castle is also well worth a visit, as is Carmarthenshire's largest town, Llanelli (13 miles from Ferryside).
With so much to see and do, Ferryside could be a great base for a family self-catering holiday or romantic break. Whether you rent a log cabin, a country cottage, a townhouse or a large country house, we hope you find the perfect place to stay in or near to Ferryside on Country Cottages Online.
Book a Ferryside cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Carmarthenshire on holiday.