For a self-catering holiday in an appealing hillside town with plenty of facilities close to the Brecon Beacons National Park, the pleasant Carmarthenshire market town of Llandeilo is hard to beat. There is so much to see and do near to Llandeilo; from discovering historical attractions, visiting some of Wales' most noteworthy places of interest and discovering some of the country's best loved coast and countryside, Llandeilo could be a fantastic base for a cottage holiday.
Information on Cottage Holidays in Llandeilo
This pleasing town is home to elegant Victorian villas and townhouses and offers ample facilities for visitors with a supermarket, a choice of shops (including craft shops, an antiques centre and a delicatessen), cafes and pubs.
There are some fantastic vantage points from Llandeilo where you can look down on breathtaking views of the fields and pastures of the Tywi Valley down below the town, sit back, relax and soak up the view.
Discover some of the Best of Carmarthenshire with a Cottage Holiday in Llandeilo
• Just outside of Llandeilo is the National Trust's Dinefwr Park and Castle. Dinefwr Park is a sight of special scientific interest and a national nature reserve where you can discover lakes, beautiful parklands and perhaps see some of the resident deer. Dinefwr Castle is a magnificent ruin which dates back to the 1100s and is well worth a visit.
• For those who enjoy exploring the great outdoors and outdoor activities, there are plenty of good walks locally in the Tywi Valley and many good hikes and rambles in the nearby Brecon Beacons National Park, which is just a few miles east of Llandeilo.
• The National Showcaves Centre for Wales in the Brecon Beacons is around 50 minutes' drive from Llandeilo. Voted as one of Wales' best natural wonders, at this award winning attraction you can see some magnificent show caves, visit the on-site farm, see an amazing array of life-size dinosaur models and visit a fascinating museum.
• The green-fingered will want to head to the nearby National Botanic Garden of Wales (only around 20 minutes' drive from Llandeilo). Covering almost 600 acres of Carmarthenshire countryside, here you can discover a nature reserve as well as a magnificent glasshouse and formal gardens.
• You can even visit the coast easily as Llandeilo is only around 45 minutes from Swansea and the Gower Peninsula. So within an hour's drive and you can be visiting unspoilt beaches and may be even enjoying a boat trip along the Mumbles and Gower Coast.
Options when it comes to self-catering accommodation in and near to Llandeilo include good value apartments, townhouses and farm cottages or rural retreats in the nearby countryside. Wherever you choose to stay, we hope you have the best of times on your Llandeilo holiday.
Whether you choose to book a holiday cottage in Llandeilo, an apartment, a lodge or another type of self-catering holiday accommodation, we hope you have your best holiday yet in Carmarthenshire.