Pretty 3 Bedroom Cottage in the Scottish Highlands near Drumnadrochit
Looking to escape for a relaxing cottage holiday with friends or family to the Scottish Highlands? If so, Dunnollie House with its 3 bedrooms, picture-perfect exterior and pretty setting next to woodlands just a mile from Drumnadrochit, could be the perfect choice.
Character features in some rooms like exposed stone walls, wooden beams and painted wood-clad ceilings all make this an appealing place to stay. The house dates back to 1850 and offers comfortable homely accommodation. Dunollie House is made up of the main house and an annexe for two which is next door. With a setting next to woodlands, a number of the rooms benefit from tranquil woodland views.
Sorry no pets.Inside this 3 Bedroom Highland Holiday Cottage
• Cosy lounge with comfy sofas, a warming woodburner set within a stone-built inglenook fireplace and a large TV.
• Well equipped kitchen/diner with warming woodburner,
• Conservatory where you can relax with a book,
• Two bedrooms in the main house;
o a bedroom with a king-size bed and
o a family bedroom with one double bed and one single bed,
• A ground floor annexe next door called the Byre where there is a sitting area with a warming woodburner, as well as a bedroom with a king-size bed and an en-suite shower room, making this a great part of the house for a couple.
Dunollie house sits within beautiful gardens with a front lawn where you can listen to the waters from the adjacent stream running by, and a back garden where there is a large garden with pond, outdoor seating and a summerhouse.
Good walks can be enjoyed locally along the River Enrick and the village of Drumnadrochit is just a mile away. Within the village are a few shops, a Highland restaurant and the family attraction fo Nessieland where there are caves, mini golf and more to discover.
For days out Inverness is just 17.5 miles away where you’ll be able to discover more shops, restaurants and eateries. Just outside of Inverness is Loch Ness and the fascinating ruins of Urquhart Castle. For those who love to explore the great outdoors, it’s just over an hour’s drive to Aviemore, where there are good opportunities for walking and hiking in the Cairngorms National Park, and even for skiing in the winter season.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2010