Holiday lets in England
We all have different requirements of holiday lets; cost may be a major factor for some, location, layout or style for others.
Take a look at our holiday lets in England - find country cottages, spacious houses, farmhouses, bungalows, houseboats, log cabins and more types of self-catering accommodation for holidays and weekend breaks.
How to find the type of holiday you require
- Cottages are listed by county on the right. If you're not sure of where each county is in Britain, return to the Country Cottages main page for a map to click on or use the Search Assistant to find a self catering holiday cottage matching your criteria, perhaps you need pet friendly or would like a cottage with a swimming pool.
- or, if you don't know where you would like to go, take a look at our ' where go on holiday this year ' page for a list of beautiful locations in England.
Bookings of holiday lets
- All bookings are made directly with owners provide you with best prices (no booking fee). When you make a booking, a provisional booking email is sent to the owner who will then contact you regarding payment.
Popular holiday let pages:
- value for money holiday cottages
- 5 star or luxury cottages
- pet-friendly cottages and holiday lets
- holiday lets with an enclosed garden, fenced or walled around for the safety of young children or dogs
- British seaside self-catering holidays
More holiday lets generally and not just in England:
For those who like olde worlde charm and Georgian or Victorian architecture then take a look at our selection of thatched country cottages, or historic self-catering houses including listed buildings.
The Orangery, a handsome house in the Cotswolds is shown on the left. It has 4 bedrooms and sleeps up to 8 people.
Click on the phootgraph to find out more.
|For those with grown-up tastes and an apprciation of beautiful things, you may wish to view cottages with beautiful designer interiors and luxury cottages aimed at adults, or to pamper yourselves in hot tubs, enjoy massages and pampering treatments during your self-catering stay.
When you dog is your best friend, you will want to find holiday lets where dogs are welcome.
|For the adventurous who love to experience something new or unusual, do take a look at our range of unusual self-catering 'cottages'. We have all types of holiday lets, from houseboats, windmills, former watermills through to farmhouses and even a former telephone exchange. Now that would be something to remember.
If you've got to keep in contact with work and 'techie' factors are a necessity, even when on holiday, we have cottages with internet access, Broadband and wi-fi.
Perhaps good food, regional delicacies and meals out are the most imoprtant factor, then do take a look at cottages where gourmet meals can either be delivered to you or where there are some great gourmet restaurants.
Or check out some of our cottages near Michelin starred restaurants for special treats.
Self-caterers need to be prepared, you're going to have to pop into a supermarket en-route to stock up on groceries for your holiday. Many cottage owners provide welcome packs to start you off with at least a cup of tea and snack.
This can be a lovely introduction to the local tastes of the area. I'm sure that you'll agree that the best raspberries are grown in Tayside, Scotland (cottages on Tayside) , and the best cider comes from the West Country. (West Country cottages).
When entertainment is important and you really don't want to watch anything on an inferior screen, or with less choice, then these holiday lets would be of interest:
Self-catering holidays near water; rivers, lakes and the sea, add to the fun. Check out our :
We have cottages for people interested in history. If you like to delve into the past to see how our kings and queens lived, or where battles have been fought, then you may like to take a look at the following cottages:
Thee Feature Pages menu at the top left is useful in helping you find the best holiday lets for you because it classifies cottages in many different ways.
Useful links for more of our best self-catering holiday lets
- luxury cottages
- spacious cottages
- historic cottages with period features
- holiday cottages in St Ives Cornwall in the south west of England