Cottage rentals in Farnham, Surrey, England
Find elegance on a self-catering break in Farnham, Surrey. With numerous historical Georgian buildings, the bustling market town of Farnham is a truly elegant place to holiday.
About Self-Catering Holidays in Farnham
Should you wish to eat out, there are plenty of eateries to choose from; from restaurant chains to high-end restaurants, along with gastro-pubs and cafes. The town also has a number of boutique shops and high street chain shops.
Top Things to See and Do on a Cottage Holiday in Farnham
• When staying in Farnham do take the time to visit the 12th century castle. Found close to the heart of Farnham with fantastic views over the town, this impressive castle has been visited by many famous royals including Henry the VIII.
• For days out in the countryside, walking, wildlife watching, cycling or horse riding, the Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is within easy reach of Farnham and the South Downs National Park is a little further afield but still within reach.
• If you love historical towns and fine architecture then do visit Guildford just half an hour’s drive from Farnham. Winchester in Hampshire is also well worth a visit with its legendary round-table which is housed in the historic cathedral and is around 40 minutes’ drive from Farnham.
• If you’re holidaying with kids you may want to visit Wild Wood in Guildford where zipwire and treetop rope bridge adventures await. The course is designed for adults and children aged 11+. For children aged 6 to 12 (and over 1 metre in height), there is a Wild Kids area, which is a course especially designed for kids.
• For families, one of the UK’s best known and best loved theme parks is situated within Surrey; Thorpe Park. With a huge variety of rides, there’s something for most ages here and this renowned theme park is around 45 minutes’ drive of Farnham.
• Adults exploring the area on a romantic break may want to visit Denbies Wine Estate in Dorking. Set within the Surrey Hills, you can enjoy a vineyard tour or book to try your hand at wine making.
Whether you choose to stay in a townhouse or holiday apartment within Farnham or opt to stay in a barn conversion or rural retreat in the Surrey countryside, we hope you find the perfect holiday house for you in or near Farnham on Country Cottages Online.
Book a Farnham cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Surrey on holiday.