About Meadow Cottage at Twistgates Farm Cottages
2 bedroom pet-friendly country cottage in the Blackdown Hills with countryside viewsMeadow Cottage overlooks a beautiful meadow which guests have access to, it is a former dairy that boasts character features such as exposed beams and stonework. It has now been converted into a well-equipped self-catering holiday cottage that sleeps up to 4 guests in 2 bedrooms.
Upstairs there is a master bedroom with ensuite shower room, a twin bedded room and a family bathroom (bath with hand held shower, basin and toilet). Meadow cottage is perfect for a family or 2 couples.
Downstairs there is a separate very well equipped kitchen and a dinning/sitting room with wood burning stove. There are French windows from the sitting room which open out onto the enclosed patio garden with garden furniture, a perfect spot for alfresco dining.
Meadow cottage is set in a secluded location amongst the Blackdown Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, an unspoilt area offering some truly breath-taking scenery. The cottage is found under 5 minutes drive from the A30/A303 which is one of the main routes into the West Country. Meadow Cottage offers the perfect base for exploring Devon, Dorset and Somerset with some wonderful countryside and the Jurassic Coast on our doorstep.
- Located in the Blackdown Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Good walking in the surrounding unspoilt countryside and an adundance of wild flowers, birds and animals.
- Easy driving distance of the Jurassic Coast, many National Trust properties, pubs, restaurants, shops and a huge choice of West Country attractions.
- Short breaks available at most times of the year.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2008
Setting and Local Information
More About this Property and Booking Information
- This cottage is set back from neighbouring Weathervane Cottage and shares the same outlook over the meadow area, which is available to all our guests.
- Price includes all heating, electricity, bed linen and towels.
- The cottage has full central heating.
- Cot and high chair available on request.
- Communal laundry room on site with washing machine and tumble drier (small charge).
- Ample parking near cottage.
- Two dogs accepted by prior arrangement (additional cost - please enquire).
- Open all year including Christmas, New Year and Easter.
Should you need an extra bedroom, or perhaps friends want to visit during your holiday, the ORCHARD BEDROOM can be rented on a nightly basis. This is a ground floor, self-contained, twin bedded room with en-suite shower etc, TV and facilities to make a hot drink.
If you are interested in booking, please call the owner, and discuss their booking process. They may ask that you book via a booking form and that you pay by bank transfer.
For safety and security if you need to make a bank transfer to book it is essential you:
- Call the owner or agency on the phone number given on the ad to check that the bank details are correct before making payment.
- Ensure that the name details on the account match with the name details for the company you are booking with (i.e. that you have confirmation of payee before proceeding).
- Never make a payment to a foreign bank account.
The market town of Honiton is approximately 7 miles west of Upottery. It is dominated by a long straight road built by the Romans and has a history that goes back to medieval times with the Hot Pennies ceremony and Charter Day still being celebrated every July. The town is famous for its lace and pottery and good examples can be found at Allhallows Museum. There are many independently owned shops, restaurants and cafes and the town is especially noted for its antique shops. The former home of the late painter, Thelma Hulbert, is now a public art gallery with exhibitions of contemporary art and craft on show.
Just a small selection as there are so many attractions in the area and there really is something for every season and for every person, whatever your interests: Jurassic Coast, Bicton Park, Pecorama, Hestercombe Gardens, Forde Abbey, National Trust properties, Seaton Tramway, Otterton Mill (good for live music too), Stuart Line boat trips, the historic city of Exeter. Many more ideas on our website under 'Out & About'
Recommended Places to Visit: Honiton, Exeter, Lyme Regis, Beer, Branscombe, Sidmouth, Dartmoor, Exmoor, Paignton Zoo, Fleet Air Arm Museum. Eden Project, Escot, RHS Rosemore, Taunton, Sherborne, National Trust properties at Killerton, a la Ronde, Montecute, Knightshayes, Lytes Cary
Annual Events: Honiton Show - first Thursday in August, Devon County Show - May, Sidmouth Folk Week - Aug, Ottery St Mary Tar Barrel run - Nov, Honiton Hill Rally, Stockland - August bank holiday weekend
Recommended Places to Eat Out: The Holt at Honiton, The Railway Hotel in Monition, Candlelight Inn at Bishopswood, Greyhound Inn at Staple Fitzpaine, Sidmouth Arms at Upottery, York Inn at Churchinford, Tuckers Arms at Dalwood
Local Sports: walking, horse riding, golf, fishing (fly, coarse and sea)
Guest Reviews and Holiday Feedback
Want to find out more about Meadow Cottage at Twistgates Farm Cottages?
Please visit the Owner's website to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Devon.