Choose Glenluce for a tranquil cottage holiday close to the Dumfries and Galloway coast and for easy access to Galloway Forest Park nearby.
About Self-Catering Holidays in Glenluce
The small village of Glenluce is ideal for discovering local landmarks and engaging in outdoor activities on a self-catering break. As well as walking at the coast or in the Galloway Hills, visitors can take advantage of excellent fishing, and the area has facilities for paintballing and clay pigeon shooting. At the edge of the village, a former railway viaduct presents an imposing structure, with eight arches. It spans the Water of Luce, one of the local stretches of water where anglers are to be found in search of sea trout and salmon. If you want a pleasant walk, a riverside path goes from the Water of Luce to the shores of Luce Bay (check the tide timetable).
Attractions to Discover on a Self-Catering Holiday in Glenluce
• Golfers are in for a treat at the Wigtownshire County Golf Club links course on the shores of Luce Bay.
• For incredible views, the beach at Stairhaven is recommended.
• If you like exploring historic ruins, Glenluce Abbey, a former Cistercian monastery, is just two miles from Glenluce
• For more tourist attractions and amenities, the town of Stranraer is 10 miles from the village, and Newton Stewart is 15 miles away.
• The stunning landscape of Galloway Forest Park with its forest trails and good walks is only around 15 miles away.
For a relaxed country cottage holiday a stay in Glenluce could be ideal. We hope you have the best of times on your self-catering break in or near to Glenluce in marvellous Dumfries and Galloway. For a super relaxing time why not consider renting a holiday cottage with a hot tub and relax those tired muscles after those invigorating hill walks.
Book a Glenluce cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Dumfries and Galloway on holiday.