Self catering holiday cottages in Castle Douglas, Dumfries & Galloway, Scotland
For a relaxing holiday in Dumfries and Galloway, a stay in the traditional farming town of Castle Douglas could be ideal. With quintessentially Scottish country cottages including pretty white-washed houses, the market town of Castle Douglas is an appealing place for a cottage break.
What Castle Douglas, Dumfries & Galloway offers for Self-Catering Holidays
Whether for a holiday where you get out and explore some of the best of the Dumfries and Galloway coastline or countryside, Castle Douglas could be a great base for your self-catering break
Top Things to See and Do on a Cottage Holiday in Castle Douglas
• For walks, boating and wildlife watching head to Carlingwark Loch near to Castle Douglas where there is a great variety of birdlife and otters can occasionally be seen.
• For more time in unspoilt surroundings, head to Galloway Forest Park, around half an hour's drive from Castle Douglas. Discover glistening lochs, green woodlands and lush forest and enjoy walking, hiking and wildlife watching in this lovely park.
• Castle Douglas is home to pubs and a collection of shops but more choice can be found in nearby Dumfries, around half an hour's drive from Castle Douglas.
• Love history? If so you'll enjoy visiting many of the spectacular castles dotted around Dumfries and Galloway. Some of the best within an hour's drive of Castle Douglas include Caerlaverock Castle, set by an impressive moat, Comlongon Castle and Threave Castle.
• For the chance to breathe in some fresh sea air and feel the wind blowing through your hair, why not get out and explore some of the Dumfries and Galloway coast? Discover lovely sandy bays and beaches at Carrick Bay and Dhoon Beach at Kirkcudbright Bay.
Country Cottages Online features a great choice of accommodation in Dumfries and Galloway. Choose from holiday cottages, apartments and holiday lodges. We hope you find the perfect holiday house for you in or near to Castle Douglas and that you have a wonderful time in Dumfries and Galloway.
Book a Castle Douglas cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Dumfries & Galloway on holiday.