Self catering holiday cottages in Castle Douglas, Dumfries & Galloway, Scotland
For a relaxing holiday in Dumfries and Galloway, a stay in the traditional farming town of Castle Douglas could be ideal. With quintessentially Scottish country cottages including pretty white-washed houses, the market town of Castle Douglas is an appealing place for a cottage break.
Facts about what Castle Douglas offers for Self-Catering Holidays
Whether for a holiday where you get out and explore some of the best of the Dumfries and Galloway coastline or countryside, Castle Douglas could be a great base for your self-catering break
Top Things to See and Do on a Cottage Holiday in Castle Douglas
• For walks, boating and wildlife watching head to Carlingwark Loch near to Castle Douglas where there is a great variety of birdlife and otters can occasionally be seen.
• For more time in unspoilt surroundings, head to Galloway Forest Park, around half an hour's drive from Castle Douglas. Discover glistening lochs, green woodlands and lush forest and enjoy walking, hiking and wildlife watching in this lovely park.
• Castle Douglas is home to pubs and a collection of shops but more choice can be found in nearby Dumfries, around half an hour's drive from Castle Douglas.
• Love history? If so you'll enjoy visiting many of the spectacular castles dotted around Dumfries and Galloway. Some of the best within an hour's drive of Castle Douglas include Caerlaverock Castle, set by an impressive moat, Comlongon Castle and Threave Castle.
• For the chance to breathe in some fresh sea air and feel the wind blowing through your hair, why not get out and explore some of the Dumfries and Galloway coast? Discover lovely sandy bays and beaches at Carrick Bay and Dhoon Beach at Kirkcudbright Bay.
Country Cottages Online features a great choice of accommodation in Dumfries and Galloway. Choose from holiday cottages, apartments and holiday lodges. We hope you find the perfect holiday house for you in or near to Castle Douglas and that you have a wonderful time in Dumfries and Galloway.
Featured Self catering country cottages near Castle Douglas, Dumfries & Galloway, Scotland:
7 bedroom Large Country House, Scottish Borders.
1 - 22
Large 7 bedroom holiday house in a beautiful setting close to Biggar, just an hour's drive from both Glasgow and Edinburgh, with a bar, sauna and hot tub on site, as well as a party room for celebrating, this is an ideal holiday home for big groups of friends or family.
Special features: free internet access, games room, outdoor hot tub, sauna.
Late availability: from 01 May to 03 May 20
2 bedroom Cottage, South West Scotland.
1 - 5
This is an outstanding 2 bedroom holiday home with an attractive garden and an outstanding setting right by the beach in the village of Southerness, enjoy sea views all day long with a stay at this very special dog-friendly holiday cottage.
|from 21 November to 28 November 20 from 05 December to 11 December 20|
4 bedroom Holiday Cottage, Scotland.
2 - 7
Good value white-washed holiday cottage with a comfortable and welcoming interior and a dog-friendly policy, situated in Gatehouse of Fleet in Dumfries and Glloway, discover castles, forests and unspoilt Dumfries and Galloway's coast and countryside on a cottage break.
|from 04 July to 26 September 20 from 17 October to 24 October 20|
3 bedroom Cottage, Scotland - Ayrshire and Dumfries & Galloway.
2 - 6
High quality 3 bedroom holiday cottage with exceptional countryside views out to the sea, a stunning location and an equally stunning interior from which to enjoy this fantastic location along the Machars peninsula, this area is excellent for wildlife watching and walking or cycling in the nearby Galloway Forest, plus star gazing in the Dark Sky Park at night.
|from 10 July to 20 July 20 from 24 July to 21 August 20|
2 bedroom Barn Conversion, South West Scotland.
2 - 4
Two bedroom country cottage located on the Cairnsmore Estate close to hills, forests and a tranquil nature reserve, both family-friendly and dog-friendly.
Special features: free internet access.
|from 03 April to 04 April 20 from 18 April to 09 May 20|