Mowsley, self-catering holiday cottages, barns, rural retreats and lodges to rent in Leicestershire, England
For those looking to enjoy a rural retreat break or country cottage holiday, a stay in the pretty village of Mowsley in Leicestershire could be perfect. Mowsley with its sleepy feel is a great place to relax but is also conveniently close to Market Harborough which is just over 6 and a half miles away.
What Mowsley offers for Self-Catering Breaks
There are many places to visit within an hour’s drive including Leicester (just half an hour’s drive away), Rugby (half an hour’s drive away), Rutland Water (45 minutes away by car) and Towcester (45 minutes away).
Things to see and Do on a Cottage Holiday in Mowsley
Mowsley is a great place to relax, take it easy and enjoy a slower pace of life. If you want to get out and explore though there are plenty of fantastic places to visit.
- Enjoy a day out in Leicester; this city is home to the National Space Center as well as an excellent choice of shops, bars and restaurants.
- Visit the surprisingly attractive market town of Rugby, walk along the Pathway of Fame and discover 50 bronze plaques along the route or walk along the Blue Plaque trail which highlights the town’s heritage and historical buildings.
- For time out enjoying outdoor activities such as walking, cycling and birdwatching then visiting Rutland Water is a must and is just 45 minutes drive away.
- Take a day trip to the attractive town of Towcester or if there’s something of interest on, you may want to visit the Racecourse or Silverstone which is close by.
- Visit the canalside village of Stoke Bruerne (50 minutes away from Mowsley) and enjoy walks by the canal and visit the Canal Museum.
Whether you opt to stay in a holiday lodge, a chalet or a holiday apartment, we hope you find your perfect holiday home in Mowsley on Country Cottages Online.
Book a Mowsley cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Leicestershire on holiday.