Get away for a fun-filled self-catering seaside holiday to Blackpool. This lively coastal town is one of the UK’s best known seaside resorts, with some of the town’s landmarks instantly recognisable to many Brits.
What Blackpool offers for Cottage Breaks
When holidaying in Blackpool, there really is plenty to keep you entertained for days on end, with lots of entertainment and attractions on offer within the town. If taking more than just a short break though, there is plenty to discover more widely in Lancashire.
Top Things to See and Do on a Cottage Holiday in Blackpool
• Blackpool is well known as a great destination for family fun. Attractions bound to appeal to both the young and the old include Blackpool Zoo, Sandcastle Waterpark (Britain’s biggest indoor water park) and the Sea Life Centre. Also sure to be a hit with the kids and teenagers are the fairground rides by the Pleasure Beach and the 4D cinema at Blackpool Tower.
• Blackpool also offers plenty of restaurants, bars, theatres and shows so there should never be a dull moment.
• Also not be missed within Blackpool is what some would describe as the town’s best attraction; its beautiful sandy beach.
• For those keen to explore the nearby coastline, the Ribble Estuary National Nature Reserve is just 20 minutes’ drive from Blackpool in coastal Lancashire and is a great place to bird-watch.
• If you want to enjoy time in the countryside as well as by the coast, head for the lush greenery of the Forest of Bowland with its woodland trails and unspoilt scenery which is just over half an hour’s drive from Blackpool.
Find budget accommodation in Blackpool itself and stay in a good value apartment or townhouse or treat yourself to a stay in a countryside cottage close to Blackpool.
Book a Blackpool cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of Lancashire on holiday.