Holiday lets in Wearhead, Durham, England
With a strong farming tradition, Wearhead in County Durham with its pretty stone-built cottages could be a great place for a rural retreat break or country cottage holiday. Surrounded by the gorgeous countryside of the North Pennines Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Wearhead is a charming little village situated high up at the top of Weardale with plenty to recommend it.
Facts about Self-Catering Holidays in Wearhead
Within Wearhead there is a village shop and a welcoming country inn.
Things to See and Do on a Cottage Holiday in Wearhead
- Visitors are drawn to this part of England due to the unspoilt scenery, peace, tranquillity and excellent outdoor activities on offer here.
- Discover pretty stone-built villages in Weardale and the North Pennines, beautiful upland meadows, moorlands and plenty of good walks.
- For the adventurous at heart, activities such as canoeing, caving, kayaking, gorge walking and mountain biking are on offer.
- The North Pennines are also a geopark, so for those who enjoy bird watching, there are ample opportunities in this area and the Low Barnes Nature Reserve is a popular place to visit.
- For shops, restaurants, riverside walks and the chance to see the castle ruins, the bustling town of Barnard Castle is 23 miles from Wearhead and worth a visit.
Whether you’re searching for a family holiday cottage which is also pet-friendly, a barn conversion or a farmhouse to rent, we hope you find the perfect place to stay in or close to Wearhead on Country Cottages Online.