Self-catering holidays in the Scottish Borders
The Scottish Borders are an ideal location for an activity holiday. Not only are there trout stocked lakes and rivers with salmon but many other opportunities for outdoor pursuits in the area:
Walking is on the doorstep, along the Eildon and Pentland Hills, a natural environment, with unspoilt countryside, stretching all the way to Edinburgh. See the ospreys, otters, buzzards, woodpeckers, some of the abundant wildlife to be sighted in the area.
There are numerous gof courses for a round or two. St. Andrews and Gleneagles are within reach for a golfing day out.
Try mountain biking in the nearby Glentress Forest, Peebles, a new and exciting place, with wonderful views, or take it easy and take a picnic and your dog for a lovely walk. Finally, you could treat yourself to a day of pampering at Stobo Castle Health Spa, refurbished and extended in 2003.
Related Scottish and border pages
Please use the Feature Pages menu at the top left to find additional self-catering country cottages, houses and other holiday cottages in Scotland.
- more holiday cottages in the Scottish borders
- pet-friendly self-catering holiday accommodation in Scotland
- short breaks in Scotland
- remote cottages in Scotland where you can escape modern life
- accommodation near Gleneagles, the prestigious golf resort in Perthshire, Scotland
- self-catering accommodation in Biggar, Scotland
- cottages in the national parks in Scotland