Self-catering holiday cottage in Lincolnshire for a holiday with nature1 rental properties match your search for Self-catering holiday cottage in Lincolnshire for a holiday with nature
Find a self-catering holiday cottage in Lincolnshire for a holiday with nature.
Lincolnshire and the Lincolnshire Wolds is home to dozens of nature reserves. From the expanses of natural habitat of the Boston Wash Banks, to the small woods and wildlife corridors along old railway routes, home to a vast array of creatures and flora. Relaxing, satisfying, absolutely bursting with life - see things you've never seen before - birds, butterflies, seals, animals, insects… See the owls and sparrow hawk hunting along the old railway lines; the geese migrating; the willow warbler, black cap and fieldfare… the bluebells, ragwort, dragonflies, moths…
Walk, cycle or just stay a while and consider the wonderful vista of life. Man made places like Messingham, once a sand pit now home to almost 200 species of birds, 400 species of plants hundreds of insects including rare and endangered species.
- Gibraltar Point, recognised for its outstanding scientific importance.
- Snipe Dale's 220 acres of beautiful rolling countryside,excellent habitat for wildlife and breeding birds.
- Boston Wash Banks, claimed and drained by man over the centuries, now back to nature. A glorious wetland teeming with life, widely recognised as the greatest saltmarsh in the country.
- Little Scrubbs Meadow where you can look out for the great spotted and green woodpeckers, warblers and a variety of butterflies amongst the plethora of meadow plants.
- Donna Nook is one of the most accessible sites for seeing seals at a time of breeding in the UK. There is now a large and growing breeding colony of seals to the north of the Wash, at Donna Nook. There are some gloriously beautiful lonely places, just you, amidst nature.
Please click on any self-catering cottage photographs below to find out more about self-catering accommodation in Lincolnshire near to nature reserves and the Lincolnshire Wolds - holidays and short breaks.