For a self-catering cottage holiday along the Fife coast, the welcoming town of Burntisland could be the perfect choice.
What Burntisland offers for Self-Catering Breaks
• With a sandy beach, amusements and golf courses, the attractive Scottish town of Burntisland has plenty to keep visitors entertained.
• The town is also home to a choice of shops, eateries, bars and a leisure centre with a swimming pool with flumes (great for family fun).
• For country walks and time in the countryside, the scenic Lomond Hills Regional Park is just half an hour's drive away.
• For those interested in history, Lochleven Castle is worth a visit and is only around 30 minutes' car ride from Burntisland. If you are a history buff don't miss the opportunity to visit Edinburgh (home to what is probably Scotland's finest and most fascinating historic castle), which is within an hour's drive of Burntisland.
• Another interesting day out can be had visiting Incholm island where there is a historic abbey and lots of wildlife; visit and you may be lucky enough to see the resident seals and puffins. This island sits within the Firth of Forth and is reached by ferry boat. Trips typically depart from South Queensferry.
With so much to see and do within and not far from Burntisland on holiday, just when will you visit? Whether you decide to rent a townhouse, an apartment or a rural retreat in the nearby countryside, we hope you find the perfect holiday house for your break in Fife on Country Cottages Online.
Whether you choose to book a holiday cottage in Burntisland, an apartment, a lodge or another type of self-catering holiday accommodation, we hope you have your best holiday yet in Fife.