Escape for a rural retreat break or self-catering cottage holiday to Linchmere in the South Downs National Park. The small village of Linchmere lies within West Sussex, very close to the border with Surrey and near to the Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Hints and Tips on Cottage Holidays in Linchmere
This is a great base for seeing the countryside and enjoying outdoor interests such as walking, horseback riding and cycling. From Linchmere, good walking routes include the Serpent Trail and Sussex Border Path.
Attractions to Discover Nearby Whilst on a Cottage Holiday in Linchmere
• Browse independent shops, tea rooms and cafes at the lovely market town of Haslemere, which is three miles from Linchmere. You'll also find gastro pubs serving local produce.
• The market town of Midhurst is steeped in history and listed buildings, which you can learn more about at the town's museum. Midhurst is known as the home of English polo, with matches taking place at Cowdray Park.
• Other local pursuits include fishing, golf and clay pigeon shooting. Linchmere & Stanley Commons is a designated nature reserve noted for its heathland and woodland, which supports rare plants and insects.
• Walk and meander in the Surrey Hills plus visit fascinating National Trust properties.
• Discover the vast countryside of the South Downs National Park.
• Visit Guildford just 16 miles away to marvel at the historical buildings, do some shopping or enjoy a meal out in one of the many restaurants.
Whether holidaying with family or friends, we trust that you’ll discover some of the best of West Sussex and Surrey on a holiday in Linchmere and hope you find a great place to stay on Country Cottages Online.
Book a Linchmere cottage and look forward to discovering some of the best of West Sussex on holiday.