Self-catering holiday cottages in Lechlade on Thames in the Cotswolds
Click on links to view cottages near Lechlade on Thames and the Cotswolds
Local attractions in and near Lechlade on Thames and the Cotswolds
- If water activities appeal to you then the Cotswold Water Park is within easy reach with fishing, sailing, windsurfing, jetskiing and even a lakeside beach.
- Swindons steam museum is a must see family outing.
- Roman Cirencester and Chedworth's Roman Villa are only 20 minutes away.
- Wildlife at both Cotswold Wild Life Park and the world famous Wildfowl Trust at Slimbridge.
- Visit the National Arboretum at nearby Westonbirt.
- National Trust houses at Sudeley Castle and Blenheim Palace are well worth a visit.
- At nearby Bourton-on-the-Water, there is plenty to amuse families with Birdland, the Model Village and a perfumery.
- At Northleach there is the Cotswold Heritage Centre and the World of Mechanical Music.
- In addition we have, of course, Stratford-upon-Avon (Shakespeare country),
- Bath (for the old Roman baths and elegant architecture) and the Jane Austen Center, finally,
- Oxford, (dreaming spires, famous university museums and libraries).
Good places to visit within easy distance from the Cotswolds
A two-hour spin in the car 'south' will access the pleasures of the south coast; Bournemouth with its sandy beaches. Historic Southampton and Portsmouth. Visit Nelson's Flagship 'Victory' and see the naval dockyards and even Henry VIII's flagship - the recently raised 'Mary Rose'. Travel 'West' for 2 hours and the delights of Bristol await. Visit 'At Bristol' where attractions include a hands-on interactive science centre ideal for kids and the young at heart. Why not finish the day by sampling one of Bristol's many delightful restaurants. Finally, drive 'East' and the delights of London awaits, shopping, theatre, galleries, restaurants.
|Click here for more self-catering accommodation in Gloucestershire .