Holiday self catering accommodation in the Dumfries and Galloway Region, Scotland
Dumfries and Galloway is the ideal holiday destination for solitude and that "getaway from it all feeling". This is the terrain that inspired Rabbie Burns; the stunning stretches of pristine beach where you can be the sole visitor, rugged moorlands, or the Galloway Forest Park - a landscape of forested hillsides, lochs and wild terrain teeming with flora and fauna. This is ideal country for lovers of outdoor pursuits. The land is full of adventure and fascinating discoveries.
Find a comfortable holiday cottage for a discovery holiday in this unspoilt part of Scotland.
You might want to visit Dumfries and Galloway to take in a festival or special event.
- New Years' Eve - Hogmanay with a lively Ceilidh band is an unforgettable treat
- 3rd week of May for the Scottish Model Airshow in Stranraer, Dumfires & Galloway
- Summer months for agricultural shows, Highland Games and highland dancing
- Last week of July for a weekend of Riding, galloping and mounted processions at Langholm
- Last weekend of July for the Kirkcudbright Artist Trail where you can tour this coastal town to view splendid local paintings, sculpture and art work in this town with a large community of artists
- Last week of September for the Wigtown book festival in Scotland's National book town
Castle Douglas Food Town with over 50 eateries or shops selling food and drink is a great place to visit all year round, especially for foodies.
- self catering cottages in Kirkudbright, Dumfries and Galloway - the artists' town and art trail