Mid week breaks in self-catering holiday cottages
Older and retired people as well as those with flexibility are often free to book mid-week breaks in self-catering holiday cottages. These are nearly always available outside school holidays which is good because you may not want to be surrounded by children on holiday anyway. At some cottages mid week breaks are available all year round.
The other advantage is that mid-week cottage breaks in low season are cheaper than at peak times so your money goes further. Self-catering suits those on special diets because you can cook for yourself instead of relying on meals out. All the self-catering cottages are equipped as a comfortable 'home from home' so that you can enjoy jaunts out during the day and relax as you would at home in the evenings.
Taking a mid week break can offer the opportunity to get away and do something special. Some cottage owners run various courses and special interest lessons in low season. These range from a variety of outdoor activities such as horse riding and wind surfing to quieter pursuits such as photography or discovering how to adopt an Eco-friendly way of life. There are also the usual pampering sessions, cookery classes and wine tasting to add special interest and acquire new skills. You're never too old to learn so do take a look at self-catering holidays with courses and activities.
Click on the page titles below to find out more about the low season and mid-week break activities on offer:
- mid-week self-catering breaks
- Late Availability -find out which cottages are available during the next 8 weeks or so. Mid-week breaks are often a possibility in low season.
- » Remote self-catering log cabins and pine lodges for holidays and short breaks
- » Mid week short breaks in the Lake District
- » Self-catering accommodation, near Derby, in the Midlands
- » Short breaks : self-catering short breaks in England
- » Self-catering cottages and holiday accommodation in Weston, Lincolnshire, East Midlands
- » Self-catering accommodation near Leicester in the Midlands
- » Cottages for self-catering holidays in mid Wales
- » Holiday cottages available for mid-week self-catering breaks
- » Pet friendly cottages with short breaks available all year round