Activity holidays with self-catering accommodation
Because of their location, stays at certain holiday cottages lend themselves to particular sports and activities. A lake or river nearby means that there are opportunities for boating, canoeing and fishing. Canoes are sometimes provided free. Country cottage owners in locations recommended for cycling may have bicycles for guests to borrow. The high ridges in the Peak District are ideal for hang gliding.
Some cottage owners also arrange activities for their guests. These could be anything from the usual such as painting, cookery courses, walking, and horseriding to the unexpected such as meditation, sky diving or scuba diving. People looking for a family self-catering holiday may prefer to book cottages with a games room so that the children can busy themselves playing table tennis or pool in the evenings.
Activities are always optional when booking self catering breaks at these holiday cottages which may suit families and groups because different people can elect to follow different activities, or simply stay at the cottage and chill out with a good book.
The following pages list holiday cottages and country cottages where you can find the activities shown. Click on the pages to view each activity. Discuss the activity or sport on offer with the holiday cottage owners directly.
Cottage holidays with sports and activities
Sailing and canoeing holidays
Cycling holidays - bicycles may be available to borrow or hire
If you are looking for a self catering cottage break with leisure facilities and enjoy keeping fit then you may like:
- cottages with shared use of a tennis court.
Many enjoy taking walks whilst on a self catering break. Walking coastal paths is very popular because of the tv coverage in 'Coast'. There are also many great walks in the countryside and mountainous regions in the UK.
- If you are an aspiring artist you might just love to take a self catering break where you can paint and who knows you may come up with that divine work of art...
Surfing Holidays - learn to surf and ride the waves off the coats of England, Ireland and Wales
Other activity holidays; go bag a Munro in Scotland or try your hand at go-karting, wind surfing or sky diving. The list of sporting activities possible in Britian and Ireland is phenomenal.
If you like to be a bit adventurous and enjoy new experiences or just love to get that adrenaline pumping you may be looking for a holiday with the facilities to do the below activities either on site or nearby.
It pays to read the description of local attractions, things to do and places to visit for each cottage. There are holiday cottages in or near national parks which are well-known areas for walking, caving, mountain biking and similar outdoor pursuits.
Regionally, there are many more such as Thetford Forest in Norfolk and various other outdoor recreation areas where is is possible to try your hand at aerial challenges up in the canopy, orienteering and activities organised by the forestry commission.
The holiday cottage owner can provide you with a breadth of information about the potential their area offers and could be your first port of call when planning an activity holiday.
- » Actvity holidays in the New Forest, rent a cottage or log cabin then ...
- » East Anglian self-catering tennis breaks
- » Self-catering country cottages in Wiltshire
- » Self-catering accommodation for corporate events in the UK or Ireland
- » Self-catering accommodation in England suited to walkers
- » Self-catering holiday cottages in England
- » Short breaks - self-catering holidays: cottages, houses, apartments, pine lodges, mansions
- » Self-catering holidays with sports facilities
- » Self-catering country cottages and accommodation where you can take your horse