Cottage rentals in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, England
Bury St Edmunds is an attractive historical market town in Suffolk in which to take a self-catering break. This town has a number of fascinating historical buildings, a large town square along with Suffolk’s only cathedral and attractive gardens. Enjoy browsing through the self-catering cottages in and near Bury St Edmunds listed below. Alternatively read on for more information about things to see and do in Bury St Edmunds.
Enjoy meandering around the medieval streets and appreciating the medieval and Georgian architecture of the town. There a number of brightly coloured buildings, as is often the style in East Anglia. One of the traditional focal points for the community was the Guildhall, a Grade I listed building. There are also cafes, art galleries, an award winning market and restaurants in Bury St Edmunds. Guided tours for the cathedral operate on certain days. Also in Horinger near Bury St Edmunds is Ickworth, a country house with a rotunda and extensive gardens, protected by the National Trust.
The beautiful medieval village of Lavenham is just an easy 12 mile drive away and well worth a visit for its relaxed atmosphere, country pubs and cafes.
More information about things to see and do in Bury St Edmunds is freely available from the Bury St Edmunds Tourist Information Centre.
Whether you need to find a cottage for 2 or a cottage for 10, we hope you find good quality self-catering accommodation for you in or near Bury St Edmunds.
5 bedroom Unusual Self Catering, East Anglia.
Five bedroom holiday watermill located on a private island in a secluded and tranquil setting with wonderful views of the pond, river and garden.
Special features: free internet access, Gold Award Winning Cottage.
Sleeps from 1 to 10 people in 5 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 2
Pet Friendly: Yes
Quality Rating: (5)
here to email owner
more info >
Next availability: from 27 September 2014 to 10 October 2014; from 14 October 2014 to 17 October 2014; from 27 October 2014 to 05 December 2014;
2 bedroom Lodges, East Anglia.
A select development of 5 star log cabins for adults only, each with private outdoor hot tub and verandah with a tranquil location by fishing lakes.
Special features: outdoor hot tub.
Sleeps from 1 to 4 people in 2 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 1
Pet Friendly: No
Quality Rating: (4 star)
- » Country cottages in Modbury, Devon, South West of England
- » Self-catering cottages and holiday accommodation in Avebury, Wiltshire
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in or near Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
- » Self-catering and holiday cottage accommodation Shoeburyness, Essex
- » Country cottages and self-catering holiday accommodation near Banbury, Oxfordshire
- » Country cottages and self-catering holiday accommodation near Charlbury, Oxfordshire
- » Self-catering cottages and holiday accommodation in Salisbury, Wiltshire
- » Country cottages near Broadhembury in East Devon
- » Self-catering cottages and holiday accommodation in Ramsbury, Wiltshire
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Glastonbury, Somerset