Hindon Organic Farm Cottage - Minehead, Somerset, England
|01643 705244 or|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank transfer, credit card
Contact: Mrs. Penny Webber
Key Cottage InformationPrice range from £299 to £799 per week
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 2 to 6 people in 3 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 2
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome: Cot, High Chair available.
Pet Friendly: (4 dogs welcome)
"It's like Darling Buds of May" - Idyllic location, hidden but not remote, on beautiful award winning Organic working 500 acre Exmoor farm. Charming traditional farm cottage, refurbished with quality decor & style with nice touches, perfect for a romantic escape or family holiday. Built about 100years ago from red brick and stone, with original features also log burner and C.H. This detached cottage is set alone on sunny wooded hillside, overlooking the fields, just up the lane 100 yards from the farmhouse where we can accommodate additional persons on a B&B arrangement. (The Guardian Best B&B 2006). Beautiful Farm Award 2010.
Ducks dabble in the stream at this picturesque farm, wonder the farm trail see rare breed spotty pigs, or sit in the farm conservation wood and listen to bird song. Minehead 3mls for beach, pubs, steam train, shops, banks etc. Dunster Castle 5mls, Porlock 7mls. Selworthy village 1ml for scrummy cream teas and lunches - lovely walk. Complementary welcome basket of Organic & Local Produce. Farm Shop for our organic Beef, Lamb, Free range Gloucester Old Spot Pork, Bacon, homemade sausages, and bread, eggs etc. Rick Stein Food Heros.
Outdoor Hot Tub area by farmhouse, adults only. Home cooked Aga Breakfasts to S/C guests in farmhouse at extra cost. Wonderful walks from the door to the moor, SW coastpath and sea. Dogs welcome by arrangement. Real Farm - Real Food - Relax.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2007
- Historical Property
- 100 year old cottage
- With Exposed Beams
- Sky TV
- Video or DVD
- Coffee Maker
- Laundry Facilities
- Type of Cooker: STOVES electric fan assisted
- Dining Table Seats: 6
- 1 Kingsize Bed(s)
- 1 Double Bed(s)
- Bed Linen Provided
- Towels Provided
- Central Heating
- Open Fire
- Wood Stove
- Enclosed Garden: S/W facing - set on hillside within farm under the wooded hill and enclosed terraced garden with seating and lovely views over the farm and countryside
- Outdoor Hot Tub
- Traditional charming farm cottage within beautify organic working stock farm. Views from the window over fields and hills
Downstairs: - all terracotta tiled floors throughout, back porch - good for boots and dog to dry, and entrance to kitchen, also another door to downstairs toilet/shower wet room. washer/dryer. Front entrance area into dining room, books and lots of local info, maps etc, CD player,& on to kitchen, fan assisted electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge and freezer etc.
Included - C. H. combi boiler as set, and Electric. Sitting room with open brick large fireplace & log fire burner, rug, loose cover sofas, TV/sky,Video/DVD (some films), and books. Windows offers views over the hills, farm and fields. Peacocks often visit the guests in the enclosed garden with terrace. Parking by cottage entrance gate. BBQ and stone garden furniture also wooden picnic bench with parasol - relax with a cup of organic tea or goodies from your complementary basket.
Upstairs: wood floored with rugs, 3 bedrooms - one king-size double room, one standard double room, one small bedroom with full size bunk beds. Bathroom with toilet. Beds ready made - crisp cotton linen, towels, and starter eco toiletries provided.
- Outdoor hot tub by arrangement, situated by farmhouse - adults only.
- Aromatherapy, reflexology pampering and relaxing treatments available.
- Emphasis on environmentally aware and green tourism.
- Award winning farm producer of organic & free range meats - come and taste the difference.
- Dogs welcome by arrangement; £25 fee per self-catering stay - £5 per dog per day B&B.
There are walks from the door to the farm trail and on to the moors. If you are lucky, you might spot red door, foxes or badgers. Peacocks often visit the guests in the enclosed garden with terrace. Parking by cottage entrance gate. BBQ & stone garden furniture. Friday changeover.
Please visit http://www.hindonfarm.co.uk to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Somerset.
Hindon Farm is part of the National Trust Holnicote estate, on Exmoor, which is a National Park. It’s a marvellous area for wildlife, and the area has more than 100 miles of footpaths and bridleways from which to enjoy it. ‘This whole place has huge charm,’ the sea, and the high sweep of heather moorland, to the green vale with wooded valley and rivers.’ Red deer are frequently seen, as well as the famous Exmoor ponies. If you are lucky you could see a Dartford Warbler,and one of the area’s major wildlife assets, the bat. Horner Wood’s clean air and water supports 14 species, including the very rare Barbastelle and Bechstein’s. This a where the countryside meets the sea, lots to see and do or just relax and enjoy the view.
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Minehead
Recommended Places to Visit: Minehead with its family attractions and beach, West Somerset Steam railway, Dunster Castle and Mill, Walking & Food Festivals, Farmers Market, NT properties, South West coastpath, Hestercoombe Gardens, Knighthayes, Arlington,and many others. Also Wimbleball Lake for all water sports, sailing,fishing etc
Annual Events: see our web pages www.hindonfarm.com or visit Active Exmoor site.
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Our own organic & free range farmhouse breakfasts are superb, and are an additional option for our self-catering guests. Freshly baked bread, farm eggs, homemade sausages, bacon from our Gloucester Old Spot herd, all produce local and or organic - "better than the Savoy" said one lady guest. award winning produce can be purchased from our farm shop. Various pubs and restaurants in this part of Somerset including Dunster, Porlock and Minehead for meals out. Scrummy cream teas and lunches one mile away in Selworthy village.
Local Sports: Walking from the farm door to the moor,SW coastpath, horse riding, relaxing, mountain biking, water sports on Wimbleball lake,fishing, hunting,shooting,
Medium sized seaside town with promenade,beach,shops,pubs,steam railway......... restaurants,banks,amusements, supermarkets,and much more
- » Vacation rentals - Bath
- » Large houses to rent in Somerset for self-catering holidays and weekend breaks
- » Holiday cottages - Somerset
- » Country cottages in Somerset
- » Accommodation for Large Groups in Somerset
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Somerset available for long winter lets
- » Self-catering short break holidays in Somerset, England
- » Cottages in Somerset near a pub
- » Holiday cottages in Somerset
- » Cottages for 2 people or couples in Somerset
- » Dog friendly holiday cottages in Somerset
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Somerset England near golf courses
- » Self-catering cottages in the West Country : Cornwall, Devon, Somerset
- » Self-catering holidays in Somerset
- » Family self-catering holiday cottages in Somerset
- » Holiday cottages in the Mendip Hills for self catering holidays in a beautiful area
- » Self Catering Cottages in Somerset with swimming pools
- » Luxury Self Catering Holiday Cottages in Somerset
- » Self catering cottages on or near the coast in Somerset
- » Wooden Lodges and Log Cabin Holidays in Somerset
Similar Country Cottages
Little Knapp England, Somerset, Tivington
Woodcombe Lodges England, Somerset, Minehead
Pilgrim Corner England, Somerset, Minehead
Duddings Country Cottages England, Somerset, Dunster
Allercott Cottages England, Somerset, Glastonbury
The Great House England, Somerset, Timberscombe , Minehead
Registered Office: 17 Fennfields Rd, South Woodham, Chelmsford, CM3 5RZ.
Registered in England and Wales No 3991504, VAT registration number: 104 353357